“Fabulous Hotel and Staff!!”

Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Bryson City, North Carolina
“Fabulous Hotel and Staff!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two night while I was visiting my father in the hospital. As another hotel employee, I pay careful attention to detail. The hotel was accommodating in every way we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located to Baptist Desoto Hospital, shopping and restaurants. I would def recommend this hotel to other travelers!! I will be staying at this hotel each time I return to the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Panda G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you so much for yoiur wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!!!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
nags head, nc
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. During that time, we had dealings with 5 employees. One out of 5 was friendly and helpful. The other 4 were unfriendly and rude. I told housekeeping we didn't need service if we could just get some coffee packets. You would think that would be less work than cleaning our room but I was treated as if I was bothering her. I asked another employee if they might have any pillows that weren't as thick as the huge ones in our room that really hurt my neck and I was given a simple, chilly "no". Upon checking out, I asked the desk clerk if I could leave a piece of mail with their outgoing stack (as most hotels are happy to do). She told me I could use the box at the end of the driveway. Okay. After driving around and looking for 10 minutes or so, we went back to the hotel. The clerk then had another employee point out it was their Best Western mailbox, not a U.S. Postal box. Okay. I walked down there and found it was literally crammed full of their incoming mail. That's when we gave up and drove to 2 other businesses where somebody finally gave us directions to a post office a couple of miles away. This was all in horrible Saturday traffic and rain and delayed us getting back to our trip by at least 45 minutes.

We are not picky about our accommodations, but friendly, helpful employees are very important to us in making a hotel stay pleasant or unpleasant. This otherwise decent hotel failed miserably (except for the evening clerk) and we would never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank for spending some time in making this helpful review. We also sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We would not want to disappoint our customer especially when it comes to customer service. We will be discussing this issue on our management meeting and we will be giving probable sanctions to those who are accountable. We always listen to the voice of our customers and we assure you that you will have a wonderful experience on your next stay.
oklahoma city, ok
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked via Hotwire and had not done any research at all on this hotel. Needless to say, I was apprehensive. No need to be! The place was spotless, and the staff were extremely helpful, they simply couldnt do enough for us. The breakfast in the morning is typical, scrambled eggs, sausage links, waffles, bagels, pastries, and muffins, along with juices and coffee. The indoor pool was clean however, like most indoor pools at hotels, the chlorine levels were very high. It is located just offf I55 and has a Kroger, Target and many resturants located in the imediate vicinty (Hooters, KFC, Texas Road House, Longhorn Steakhouse, Zaxbys Chicken to name but a few). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Thanks BW staff for a very enjoyable stay,

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We are happy for making this review. We always want to hear this kind of feedback from our valued customers. This serves as a continuous motivation for us to maintain the quality of our services but there will always be areas of improvement and we assure you that we will further improve the things that need to be improved to provide you services more than what you pay for. We hope to serve on your next stay. Thank you
Sauk Centre, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I got a good deal on this place, but it was one of the strangest hotels I have ever been in. It is marketed as an upscale Best Western and looks to be when you first arrive, but it's like they slapped it together. Plumbing fixtures are shoddy, things are already falling apart in a room that's only two years old. Plus, it has an odd vibe -- I know this sounds strange, but we were there two days and my girlfriend literally ran out of the place and asked that we never return. This is not to at all fault the staff -- they were very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crisro
Dear Guest,
We thank you for making this review. We also feel sorry for the shortcomings. Our customer service staffs would always be there to assist and cater your needs. This feedback is very helpful for us to further improve our services to our valued customer’s expectations. Rest assured that on your next stay, you will have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. Thank you so much.
Long Beach, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Our experience at this hotel was fantastic. Check-in and check out took 3 minutes max. The property is well kept and very new. The staff is extremely friendly. The room met all of our expecations and was very clean and comfortable. There is a small workout facility as well as a hot tub and heated pool. The continental breakfast included hot and cold items. It is conveniently located to numerous shopping and dining facilities. Graceland was only about a ten minute drive and Beale Street slightly longer. Easy on and easy off the highway. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the North Mississippi or Memphis area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Wow! Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed our services during your stay. We are also pleased that we have met your expectations. Rest assured that this will be maintained and our goal will always be the best Hotel that can offer you great accommodations and comfort. We are looking forward on you next family trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
1.0 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Horn Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK