All reviews truck stop donuts room was clean convention center would stay here again microwave furniture maid
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Front desk attendant was nice but that was the only nice thing. Rooms were rooms were dirty. carpet was disgusting. Holes in the walls everywhere. Pillowcases were dirty. Breakfast was sad. Thank goodness for the doughnuts. Nothing was prepackaged and most everything else was stale. The individual packages of cream cheese were separating and nasty when you opened them. The milk pitcher opening had a nice thick ring of older milk all around the opening. The location wasn't the best either. You have to drive through a truck stop to get to the hotel and then maneuver around all the semis near the hotel to park your vehicle. When I did wake up I immediately looked out the window to see if my car was still there and to make sure the Windows weren't busted out.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank mom-2-5-boys
VS P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Reviewed 19 October 2017

When I arrived at the hotel close to the midnight hour to check in, I was informed by desk clerk Tony Bridges that my reservation had been cancelled due to a problem with the card on file. The room had then been rented, the hotel was at maximum capacity, and he was clearly far more interested in returning to the company of the halfdressed
woman on the couch in the lobby with whom he’d been sitting before I arrived.

When I pressed for explanation, he was rude, refused to contact the manager, refused
to assist me with locating accommodation elsewhere, and indicated that the problem
was my fault because of some card issue, including the use of foul language.
He gave me the number for a Mr. Vee Patel and attempts to call that number have been useless in resolution.

I checked my card activity for attempts at any transactions and found none. The card had been used frequently through my trip to Hattiesburg and was in good standing with sufficient balance. At no time did I receive a call, text, or email asking for a different card number or to check on the status of the card on file. Based on that, it appears that the reservation was just cancelled for no reason and the staff of the hotel in question unwilling to own their own mistake blatantly lied rather than extending any effort whatsoever to correct this huge flaw in customer relations and ability to follow through with their literal job- being a hotel where travelers can trust that their rooms will be there when they arrive.

We were lucky to find the last available room at another nearby hotel, though at a considerably higher charge than the amount we had budgeted for lodging. The entire process was difficult and annoying as well as costly and I have made it clear to the Choice Hotels brand what sort of ethics and lack of customer service are in use at one of their branded properties.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah L

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We booked online and arrived late. Only smoking room left (not awful, but did smell of smoke. Wall just repaired and room needed paint. Bed not bad, except the mattress frame stuck out and cut my leg when I sat on bed.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
VS P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night early July. Arrived late after a long day's drive. Front desk staff was courteous and professional. Room was of good size and clean. Nothing fancy about the place yet very quiet and well located. Good parking layout.
A good room for the price.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank W285JUluiss
VS P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Never in my life have I seen this option. We got the room just for fun! My bed was snuggly, clean and comfy! The room was clean. A/C, Fridge, Microwave everything worked great! Breakfast offered biscuits and hot gravy and eggs, donuts and muffins. The location is next to a night club but it got quiet at 11 and owner watches the cameras and tells employees to make any people that are hanging out on balconies to go inside at 11.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Tarinnn
VS P, Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Gregory,