“Nice place to stay with beach view”

Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Nice place to stay with beach view”
Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

This is a solid hotel that offers great beach access and large clean rooms. The staff is very friendly and the foor and service in the restaurant. Not a five star location but it is not advertised as one. Good hotel, good service, good pricing.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Staff61
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This was our second trip to Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront and although we have some snags along the way; overall it was a pleasant Easter weekend. The view of the beach from our hotel window was great...so ask for a room with a view. We loved the breakfast; especially the omelet bar and Easter Sunday they had a great Easter Brunch which was delicious. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the bill but, after a few calls, the hotel corrected for us. Michelle at the Front Desk was extremely helpful and steered us to dinner at Half Shell Oyster House in Gulfport. Outstanding meal. She helped us with directions for Church on Sunday morning and was very patient and accomodating. Overall, a good trip.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Briggsie99
Fredonia, NY
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. When I arrived, Michelle, at the desk, treated me with true southern hospitality. She went the extra mile to make sure I was comfortable. The staff was friendly.
The room was great, spacious and clean. The king size bed was super. The bathroom is larger than normal size bathrooms in other hotels. If you are into exercise this is a great place. I swim regularly for exercise and was ecstatic when I saw that the pool was almost 25 yards long. Most pools at hotels are 2 feet by 3 feet. The exercise room was top notch.
Then to top it off we were across the street from a beautiful stretch of a white sand beach.
My only disappointment was, I was only spending one night.

Vince, New York State

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The rooms are spacious and clean, the view is great, and the lobby and bar are very spacious, comfortable, and well-staffed (Mark the bartender is an exceptionally nice man and makes really good drinks). My only complaint is that the walls are thin and I could hear the housekeeping staff loudly complaining that our "do not disturb" sign was up...for two hours! I came to Gulfport to study for my comprehensive exams in a quiet and stress-free environment and therefore expected at least some peace and quiet. Needless to say, I didn't like hearing while studying, "Why is that sign still up? Why are they still sleeping? Wake up!" and then loud laughing and complaining. I wasn't sleeping; I was studying. And when I left an hour later to go to lunch, housekeeping came by and picked up. They did a great job, I was just surprised to hear complaining so overtly (right outside in the hallway). I feel badly for putting them out in that they had to clean my room an hour later, but I suppose I didn't realize that "do not disturb" meant that instead the housekeeping staff would stand outside my room and heckle.

The walls are disturbingly thin, I hate to mention this but in the bathroom, I could hear the person above me using the bathroom...a bit awkward. Food is great; there is no room service but there is an in-house restaurant and you can order from them and then pick your food up yourself. Reasonably priced, large portions, very tasty. There is a hot tub and a pool that are very clean as well as a fitness center. Really, other than the housekeeping problem, everything was good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My family and I just stayed at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. It was right across the street from the beach and had some great restaurants closeby (Chimneys is literally next door and Steve's Marina is just down the way). I thought it was better for family because it is several miles down from the casinos, but also close enough to them that if you want to join in on that fun, you don't have too far to go.

It was also very affordable, especially if you qualify for a discount as a retired government employee.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
3.3 km away
6.2 km away
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#10 of 28 in Gulfport

Been to Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK