“More than expected!”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Room was clean and well furnished. Though it was much smaller than other hotel rooms. Expensive for the value. Unfortunately room service was bad, you had to go to the reception desk to get anything. Didn't read any good reviews before we checked in, so weren't expecting much. But surprisingly the room was good!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ashqu
GulfportBestWestern, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Ashqu, I want to thank you personally for taking the time to post this review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that in your future visits to the Gulfport area that you will choose our establishment for your future stays. If we can ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact us at 228-864-0050. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing The Best Western Seaway Inn.

Jeremy Ross (Asst. Mgr)
Best Western Seaway Inn Gulfport, MS

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Seaway Inn

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I have stayed here several times on business and they are always very nice

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gbolin
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Seaway Inn last weekend. From the outside it looks like an old motel that needs in a facelift. Inside the rooms have been updated. The size of the rooms are quite small. As the gentleman mentioned in the previous report, there is quite a bit of partying that goes on at this hotel. We saw quite a number of people lugging in big cases of beer and booze. Since it’s an old motel, the beds are right at the door and you can hear people traffic, planes, and I think trains as it sounded like whistles going off on a regular basis. If they could sound proof the rooms it would help but the configuration of the room and being an old motel is why I think it’s so noisy. We were near a set of stairs and people were going up and down it all hours of the night. I can’t say anything about the breakfast as we left before it was opened. The girls who checked us in were funny and pleasant. Overall it was an average experience. Next time we are in town visiting family we may consider staying there but odds are it would be in a more quiet local.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msluvcruzin
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and that is why I have implemented new policies regarding security, noise complaints, and the way we service the rooms for our extended stay guest. I wish that I had been made aware of these issues before it became too late to rectify the situation. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 228-864-0050.

Jeremy Ross
Assistant Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaway Inn

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I'm in the Air Force participating in an inspection at the Combat Readiness and Training Center in Gulport. My team booked over 50 rooms at this hotel during the period of 30 November thru 18 December contributing over $73,000 to the Best Western. Upon check-in some we were given a note that said full service would be provided twice a week and towels could be requested at the front desk. Said full service consisted of making the bed and swapping out the towels, while typically, most hotels clean daily. The cleaning of toilets, tubs, mirrors, dusting, etc. was non-existent. Additionally, neighboring guests were allowed to party from the time we got off work at 7 p.m. and were still outside at 6 a.m. when it was time to go work again. Best Western Staff failed to respond to numerous complaints. Consequently, we are checking out and taking our business where it will be appreciated. Please DO NOT waste your money staying here...take your business elsewhere. Neighboring hotels offer the same rate while also offering cleaning service daily...minus the all night parties. ~RB

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Ronnie B
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all of the Best Western Plus Seaway Inn staff, I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We strive to serve all of our guest in a thorough and proffessional manner. After reading your review I have taken the necessary steps to try to eliminate the issues you had with your stay for our future guest. I value your input as it helps us to better serve our guest and their needs. I hope that in the future you will allow us to have another chance to serve you in the same way you selflessly serve our Country.

Jeremy Ross (Asst Mgr)

Reviewed 29 November 2011

the hotel wasn't bad, the room was nicely done and clean. I did have to ask the maid for extra towels twice during my stay. and the dang planes. the smaller flights were ok, But LAWD, when a large jet came in the dang room was shaking, I almost dove for cover ( I'm retired military). and it bothered me abit. the rates were good and there is a club on site and shopping and food is within walking distance. the breakfast was stocked with fresh muffins on a regular basis. The laundry was clean and 2.00 to wash 2.00 to dry, You can get laundy supplies across the street at walmart. Overall, nice place nice price, If you can live with the plane noise, It's a good value.

Room Tip: dont get a room near the stairs, more noise from kids and people using them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nevelo
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Customer, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. I'm glad you found our hotel, rooms, ammenities and breakfast to live up to your expectations. I hope you will choose to stay at our hotel or any Best Western on your future trips. Once again, on behalf of our team here at the Best Western Plus Seaway Inn thank you for being a part of our family if only for a short time. Come see us soon!!!

Jeremy Ross