“Only of you can't afford to stay anywhere else.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Gulfport
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Arvada, Colorado
“Only of you can't afford to stay anywhere else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Given smoking rooms when non-smoking requested. I was told my reservations were smoking and after I asked at check in to change it I ended up with them anyway. Too tired from long day of driving to argue. The next morning at 6am while I was in the shower I felt very cold water coming down on me...it was a steady stream coming from the cieling (shower above?). The first words from the front desk were to let me know maintenance would be in at 9. She did call back 20 min later to offer another room, except that we were ready to leave.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank LouiseLMF
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Do yourselves a favor and avoid this place like the plague. We stayed here only one night and that was too long. I never write a review but felt it my duty this time to warn others not to go there. The following things were big time issues;
1) Toilet handle busted
2) Microwave glass table did not fit the microwave so when heating a cup of water, your cup did the balancing act
3) TV remote was not user friendly
4) No HBO as advertised
5) No Wi-fi as advertised
6) Don't drink the water!!!
7) Continental Breakfast - forget it! It was a joke and the juices must have been watered down with their water. They tasted like soap and bleach had been added.
8) Couldn't get ice from the ice machine. . .it was not working.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Oxford GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I had a one night stay over in Gulfport Ms and regretably elected to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn just off I-10 in Gulfport MS. I went to the front desk and the clerk said it would be an hour before the room was ready. That should have been the only warning I needed. This was at 3:15 PM and check in was at 3:00 PM. I checked back at 4:00 PM and the room still was not ready. The front desk said they were short on housekeeping staff. I left again and observed housekeeping starting at the far end of the building from my room. No one from the front desk had even informed housekeeping that we were waiting for a room that they had already checked us into. I went back to the front desk and a different clerk went and informed housekeeping that we were waiting and they went to clean the room we were waiting. on. At 5:15 we finally got into our room.
Not the best room I have ever stayed in, furniture was worn and the matresses were worn out, but it was only one night. When I checked out I inquired about a discount for having to wait in HOT weather for the room and was advised the Manager was out of the country. I made 3 more calls during the course of the following week and no one had ever heard from the manager. On the return trip I stopped back at this hotel and when standing infront of the clerk, amazingly she had just heard from the Manager. I was given a discount for my inconvience although not as much as I thought it should have been not enough to win my business back in the future. There are Numerous hotels in this area and this one should be avoided .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The rooms are dirty, the ac units hardly work ( I was sitting on my bed sending e-mails with sweet dripping off me), and the free wi-fi works only about half of the time. The office staff is not very friendly and they make you pay for your entire 7 night stay up front (after staying there a night I know why) with no refunds for an early checkout. The pool water has no circulation so hair and trash gather on the top of the milky water. The first night there five police cars rushed into the lot with officers with assault rifles drawn looking for someone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DustinM99
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

TINY, smelly rooms, STICKY carpet, RUDE staff, DARK breezeways, no shampoo or irons in rooms, pool closed except for a couple of hours all weekend. Evacuated for Ike so we didn't have many choices. We were charge $119 a night for a room that was worth about $40. The front desk person told us it didn't matter because FEMA would reimburse us. We didn't know how long we would stay so we made our reservation for 7 nights. Upon checking in, they wanted to charge our credit card for all 7 nights instead of putting a hold until we checked out. We decided to just stay 2 nights and take our chances after that. We were told that we would have a non-smoking room, but were put in a smoking and they would not change us. We asked the attendant for water to make grits for the continental breakfast. She told us that the water in the breakfast area was not fit to drink - we would have to use bottled water. I was asked to leave my driver's license at the front desk for a deposit to borrow their iron. One bright spot was that the AC worked.

• Liked — The air conditioner worked.
  • Disliked — It was dirty, small, dark, and over-priced.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)