“Best Satay in Wollongong!!!”

Royal Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Woonona
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 14
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Royal Thai Woonona the most authentic Thai food in the Illawarra, cooked by our Thai chef and business owner with more then 25 years experience in the Thai food industry. Prices are very reasonable. We offer Take away, Eat Ins and Home Delivery. Open 6 days a week, and 3 days for lunch. (See below) Why not give us a try today, we promise you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Wow!!! This is truely the best Satay in Wollongong. Some places are hit and miss but Royal Thai in Woonona has benn hit after hit after hit. Awesome food. Special requests for our children (extra carrots.veges, no coriander or tofu) have never been a problem and the orders have always been correct no matter how busy they are. Great quality control. I’m so glad I found this Thai restaraunt. It’s at the top of my list!!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We enjoyed many delicious dishes here recently. Red duck curry, Thai fried rice, massaman curry beef and Pad See Ew were the highlights. The service is great - Gary and his family make you feel very welcome. Compliments to Duan and Julia for their excellent food. The menu is very reasonably priced. We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This little restaurant is friendly, fast and great Thai. It is moderately priced and has big portions. The owners are lovely people, up for a chat and obviously passionate about what they do.

We had the chicken curry puffs, green curry chicken and pad pad beef - Pad ped beef was a stand out, the beef had a smokey taste and really fresh. Lots of veggies which is great as some restaurants only give you meet and sauce, only thing I can fault is the veggies were a little over done for my taste, but...I am a bit of a rabbit and like my veggies raw!

Would recommend this place for singles, couples, family and anyone looking for a nice evening with good food, great staff and a friendly staff.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We recently visited this restaurant on the basis of past Tripadvisor reports. We were the only customers, apart from another gentleman and child, but were warmly greeted by the owner. Our main courses consisted of a prawn green curry, another prawn dish off the special board, together with fried rice. The food in generous portions was excellent, delicately flavoured and as close to what we have had in Thailand as possible. The food was cooked by a delightful Thai lady who obviously took pride in what she prepared and served. BYO is available . The takeaway side of the business was doing well with locals. HIghly recommended, give it a try!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for a quick lunch before a meeting and was so happily surprised by the quality of the food.
The owner was friendly and quick to look after me. I ordered the chicken chilli basil and it was the best I’ve ever had. A perfect amount of spice, was sticky and so fresh and beautifully cooked. Amazing value for just $9!
I’ve been to Thailand many times and eat and cook Thai food regularly. I wish I could get the recipe for this dish.
I’ll be back for sure.