All reviews gourmet breakfast breakfast table wonderful hospitality spring pilgrimage visiting columbus antiques hostess home silver christian tennessee
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Our hostess Burnet did everything possible to make our stay in Shadowlawn memorable - in particular her breakfast's were fantastic! Her home is more of an antique showplace than a B&B and has a predominantly Christian theme. It seemed like everywhere we turned there were more antiques (this includes Victorian style silver plated standing napkin rings at the breakfast table). We visited the Grant Museum in Sayreville and the Viking Cooking School in Greenwood. In addition, Francis in the Tennessee Williams Visitors Bureau was helpful in arranging a private tour of Whitehall. My only piece of advise in visiting Columbus is to be sure to come with loose fitting clothing - you will need a little spare room after the wonderful meals (include Brouchards for desserts).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best b&b’s of many I’ve stayed at with awesome gourmet breakfast from a very friendly and hospitable hostess (Burnet). Columbus is an enchanting historic city, especially in the Pilgrimage in April not enough parking except on the street.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful and special place to stay. Takes you back to a different era. The owner, Burnette, is so warm and friendly. Ask her about any of the historic aspects of the home or furniture and you will realize that she has a depth and breadth of knowledge that will answer questions that you didn't even think of to ask. You will enjoy the elegant but relaxed breakfast as well. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017

If you are only staying in Columbus once, you should stay here. If you have visited Columbus and not stayed here, you are missing out. If you stay here once, you will be back. The rooms are large and elegant, and the beds are beautiful and comfortable. The antebellum house is a joy to explore and examine, and the hostess/owner Burnette could not be more charming and gracious. And then there is the breakfast, which is absolutely wonderful, served from china and silver, and a celebration for the palate. My wife and I have stayed twice at Shadowlawn and anxiously look forward to the next opportunity to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are exquisite. Most are King/Queen for couples. There are some twin beds for children in separate rooms from the main rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I was in Columbus with my sister and mother because it was "Drop Night" at the Air Force Base. My sister had toured this fabulous antebellum home earlier and knew she had to stay here and booked it for us. We stayed two nights and it was one of the best experiences I had ever had. Burnette treated us like family and I now understand the term, "Southern Hospitality". There wasn't enough she could do for us. Now for the food! OMG! Elegantly served on Sterling, China and Crystal, breakfast was incredible. So delicious. If you don't stay here, you are really missing out.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. Any room is spectacular
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family