See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Painted Lady is a lovely walk back in time to the 1890's. My wife and I booked the "Dolly Room" for an Anniversary weekend. We were welcomed with rose petals on the bed and delicious chocolate dipped strawberries. This National Register gem has been lovingly restored with unbelievable attention to detail. We have seen many Southern Plantation homes but they pale in comparison to the "Lady." We highly recommend this property for a unique weekend getaway that is sure to leave you anxious to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cbsells
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We loved our stay at the Painted Lady. The room was very comfortable, the bed comfy, and the toiletries exceptional. The extras such as a coffee bar, homemade delicious pie for snack time and stocked fridge made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was outstanding and the innkeeper was a fabulous host. We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had to the pleasure of staying in Moon Lake Guest House (the sister property of Painted Lady of Columbus) after a wonderful two day stay. I stayed in the Babydoll Suite, which was absolutely gorgeous (who doesn't want to spend the night in a beautiful 4-post bed?) and decorated tastefully with all sorts of small details that make the space feel cozy and very inviting. The linens were very soft, plush and plentiful, and I appreciated the top notch toiletries provided in the suite as I forgot my soap and shampoo! Jennifer, the proprietor, was a very gracious host and my breakfasts were delicious - yummy french toast one day and hot and fresh Krispy Kreme donuts (per my request) the next. I was very pleased with my stay overall and would HIGHLY recommend this B&B, the accommodations are gorgeous and you can tell Jennifer devotes a great deal of time and love into her properties.

On a side note: A previous guest at the property commented on the presence of ladybugs in her suite, which really doesn't seem worth raising a fuss over. As a frequent traveler, I have found these uninvited guests to be a common visitor in most hotels this time of year in the South and pose no health or safety issue to occupants!

Room Tip: Be aware when booking rooms that only the Babydoll Suite is on the ground floor, the other two suites are accessible by staircase.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lsaintj
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had such a lovely stay... I did not want to leave! Best B&B I've ever stayed in! The magnificent restoration and attention to period details made the owners' educational and professional background obvious! The rooms/beds were divine and the food absolutely delicious! Definitely will return if ever the occasion arises!

Room Tip: Dolly's room was large and lush! The period bathroom was equally fantastic!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RachelRains
painted41, Owner at Painted Lady of Columbus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for a great review! We have done extensive research on getting every little detail correct as to what an 1890's would have been. We are so glad our guests appreciate the details we put into the home.
Please come back to visit!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a lovely one night stay here on October 26th. A beautifully restored, classic Victorian mansion made even lovelier by the innkeeper Jennifer. My Fiance' and I rested comfortably on the plantation style bed and had an amazing breakfast served up by Jennifer and her daughter. The house itself is beautiful and one wishes that its walls could tell stories long forgotten. We will stay here again in a heartbeat, the next time we visit Columbus, MS.

Room Tip: After seeing all the rooms before others arrived, it would be hard to choose one room over another. All are different, offering different styles and ambiance. You wont go wrong with any room choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher B

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We strive to make our wonderful guests feel comfortable and at home. Please come back to see us!