All reviews front desk big shout family reunion each morning rooms are clean highway candy joe housekeeping accommodations lady inns trash facility
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night recently. Upon arriving we were not given a bottle of water as an elite member. I asked and for the second time was told we are out. Dont guess elite members are as important as they once were. We use to stay at this hotel when it was new. It really needs a renovation. Hotel appears old an needs to be updated. Breakfast is not to write home about. Breakfasts at fairfield have gone down in the last few years. Management needs to control the door slamming by its after 11 at night. Some people want to sleep. Newer hotels are being built on this town.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GM A, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear meongo123,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. Unfortunately, it seems like we missed a few opportunities to make your stay a great one. I'm glad you were able to share your feedback with us and I would gladly like to inform you we're going through a renovation possibly by next year! I will inform my Management about the other issues you had at our property. Servicing our guests needs are our #1 priority!

Thank you!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Columbus for a family reunion and from check in to checkout was great! We enjoyed ourselves and the lounging area and pool. It was very relaxing. We left my sons laptop charger and they found it and mailed it to us!! We would definitely stay there again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dem Tate B,

We are so glad you had a pleasurable experience at our property! I shared your positive review with the team to help motivate and inspire great service! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Loved the hotel. Great breakfast and outstanding service. Rooms are clean and smell great. Nice lobby area with big screen. Joe, at the front desk, and Candy, in hospitality, make my stay on every visit. You will not find a better hotel to stay in Columbus.

Room Tip: Walking distance to Logans
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
GM A, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Mr. E4059PRwilliamm,

Thank you for your review. Joe & Candy (and all of our staff), believe in providing that personalized service, and I agree with you, that both are very good at their job! We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stayed here for a week. When taking a shower after the first night, I noticed a giant crack in the base of the shower that extends from the drain to the corner of the shower. It had been caulked, but poorly, missing several lengths of open crack in the floor of the shower. I complained that first morning and left for the day for work. I came back that night and it had not been fixed. The 2nd morning, I didn't complain because there was noone at the front desk as I was leaving for work. The crack still was not fixed after the second full day. Then that night, when opening the shower door, the handle fell apart. It had been loose and rattling during previous uses. I complained on the 3rd morning, and while I was gone for the day, the handle was put back together but the crack in the floor wasn't fixed. And then when I went to take a shower that night, the door handle fell apart again. I complained again on the 4th morning as I left for the day. When I came back, the door handle was put back together (but still rattled) and the crack was caulked. But somehow during these repairs, the door was set off-kilter so that it would not close fully, allowing water to get out into the main bathroom. It wasn't so bad during that 4th night because the floor mat soaked up most of it. But during the 5th day, housekeeping did not replace the floor towel, and the hand towel wasn't enough to soak up the water, so it flooded the floor. Then on the 6th day, housekeeping only took the dirty towels and did nothing else in the room. The trash wasn't taken, the towels weren't replaced, and the bed wasn't made. And I know that the bathroom sink wasn't cleaned for the first 3 days I was there as there was a small spill from the first night, that was still there until the 4th day.

The front desk and breakfast personnel were nice, and the lady that runs the evening reception was very friendly. But management needs to get a handle on maintenance not performing their jobs and make sure housekeeping can hold to the standards of the Marriott brand. Because it felt like maintenance and housekeeping don't care about fulfilling their duties.

The rooms were also fairly noisy. I could hear the people above me walking around, and the glass in the window allowed highway traffic noise to penetrate easily. I had to sleep with a white noise app on my phone turned up all the way to block it out.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
GM A, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear RamblingManTN,

Thank you for your review from our property,

Unfortunately, it looks like we fell short in your expectations at our property. I will be glad to share this information to my General Manager to prevent any future issues. Please be aware that your feedback is very valuable to us and that we appreciate the positive just as much as we appreciate the bad. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you had and we'll do our very best to resolve these issues. If you're ever in Columbus, we'd very much like to make it right for you.

Thank you for your choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is definitely one of the best Fairfield Inns that I have stayed in especially in terms of decor, comfort, cleanliness, location, and breakfast. One of the best free breakfasts out there!

My only complaint is that the Front Desk agent that checked me in wasn't the best. She seem to be bothered that I needed to check in on her shift and didn't bother to tell me anything: not about breakfast, not about the wifi, not even where the elevators were located. I expected more as a Marriott elite custome.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business