“Best Ribs in the Twin Cities”

Famous Dave's Barbeque Ribs
Ranked #22 of 108 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 11 December 2015

This north woods style "rib restaurant" is larger and more "woodsy", with a knotty pine interior, than rib shacks you find further south in the US. You can be seated in the main dining area or at the bar where you can watch your favorite sporting event.
My family and I dine here often and our favorite is the "five rib meal" which offers five large ribs, a cornmeal muffin and a couple of sides. Selections include fries, baked beans, corn on the cob and cole slaw. I recommend the corn and slaw. The ribs are done to perfection, are very meaty, and have a smoked pork taste. There are 6 different BBQ sauces available to suit every taste from mild to very hot.
They also offer BBQ pulled chicken and pulled pork meals and you can also order Baby Back Ribs instead of the larger regular ribs.

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This restaurant franchise has recently made changes in both menu and decor. Many of these were not popular with its customer base and are being changed back again. In the meantime the ribs are just as tender and delicious as always. Nothing fancy but what rib joint is? "Clean and rustic" best describes the interiors of these franchises giving it a north woods style dining experience. Drinks available in a friendly atmosphere. Order from the bar or select a booth or table. Take-home bottles of their famous sauces are available in the restaurant. Never had a bad experience in the many years I have dined here.

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Came here last night after craving some ribs. My family and some long time friends from Penang. This place is great for watching sports and eating ribs. They have a wide variety of rib selections and can be sized as half, full and gargantuan racks. My daughter and I chose a gargantuan size and split the plate. It was cheaper than getting 2 half racks. We were all full. Made a mental note to go there next time.

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

On my friends recommendation we decided to try Dave's out since it was close by our hotel.
Lots of trophies when we walked in so anticipation of some good BBQ for this Texas bred boy
Decided on the combo since brisket and sausage are the staples in Texas, along with the Mac and cheese and their special mashed potatoes.
Now I know it is a chain and can be hard to be consistent, but this was not even close. I used a ton of their special sauces to juice it up, but the brisket was try and not even close to being a good moist serving. Sausage was decent, but what are those 2 pieces of bread? Supposed to be Texas toast? Flat and unflavored. Mac was stuck together and the taters with extra sauce squeezed on them were OK.
Overall...?...maybe the regular cook was off that day but I would be stretching it to say it was good.
My friend said the ribs were good but I can't attest to that.
Maybe next time if there is a next time somewhere

Reviewed 18 June 2015

I had the loaded baked potato and my companion had the beef brisket. Neither of us could finish our portions. That baked potato was truly loaded and one of the biggest potatoes I have ever personally seen. I tried the beef brisket and decided next time that will be my choice of entrée... fabulous!

Been to Famous Dave's Barbeque Ribs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK