“Reasonable hotel, if you ignore the noise”

Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I chose this hotel since it was somewhat central to where I was going on my visit. It was definitely cheaper than some alternatives and the reviews I read seemed reasonable. I booked for 2 nights. The check-in seemed a little more complicated than it needed to be, but was okay. My room was in the back part of the hotel, 2nd floor (doors on the outside of the building), across from the bar next door. The room seemed quite adequate - clean, nice bed, good tv, etc. However, when I decided to sleep at 10:30pm, the band started up next door. The volume would go up quite a bit when the outside door was opened. About midnight, I decided to give up, check out, and sleep in the car at some restarea on the highway. However, I couldn't get a refund. So, I settled for the desk calling the police, to get the bar to shut their doors, and use the AC in the room as white noise. That solved the problem, but I wish it had been addressed by the hotel. The lady at the desk mentioned that she had to do the same thing the week before. Hum. (And, yes, maybe I should have complained earlier). I stayed the second night, using the air conditioner, and had no problems. So, in conclusion, it may be a reasonable place to stay, if you can cancel out the noise somehow. Or stay in a different part of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Emophiliac
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 June 2007

I stayed in this hotel since it allows dogs and I was in town for a large competition. Many of us stayed at this hotel, it has nice grass areas for walking the dogs.

This hotel is very basic. Outside corredors, no elevator, No coffee maker in room, but by the front desk is a machine with not only regular coffee, but will make fancy mocha/vanilla latte as well.

The AC worked well, the beds and pillows were comfortable. It was basically clean, nothing fancy. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Directly next to the hotel is a business complex area on one side, down the main drag is everything from Target to coffee places, lots of places to eat.

The drawback was some "interesting" people who also stayed at the hotel. One morning the SWAT team raided 2 rooms - really I'm not kidding! I had felt safe since our group occupied probibly 80% of the
rooms and we all had very large black dogs. However the last night I stayed, most other competitors had moved onto another city, only a few of us were left. I noticed that there were several other
"interesting" people staying in the hotel. They never bothered me but
I tried to stay very aware and careful. I would not stay here again due to the safety concerns.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank Flatcoatfun
Reviewed 26 February 2007

The box spring had visible stains. The water in the tub ran out very slow, it still had water in the tub the morning after a night shower. I checked out of this hotel and went to another one in the same area.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2006

We needed a place to sleep for the night and chose the Red Roof in Woodbury based on reccomendations on this site. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was basic, but clean. The location was great for us...we were attending an event at the Excel Center in downtown St. Paul. We were only about 10 minutes away.
You can't beat the price.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends