All reviews separate bedroom small dishwasher outdoor patio front desk the bed was super comfortable full kitchen shower head two nights business trip pool and hot tub recommend this hotel waffles brand suite marriotts property shuttle
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice new Property. Helpful gracious front desk staff . No newspaper ! How can a hotel not have newspapers ? USA Today ? Local paper ? When I asked about paper availability the front desk informed me they had not set up an account ! For travelers newspapers are essential .

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Yet another trip for me for business, and my co-workers suggested this Residence Inn to stay for a week.

This hotel is around 14 miles away from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. Woodbury is a developing area and is a beautiful area. The hotel is right off of I-94, and is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. In fact, there is a town center across Radio Drive, which has shopping and restaurants. Down the service road from this hotel is a movie theatre and another small town center. The point of this is that there is plenty to do and see around Woodbury.

As for the hotel, this is an excellent hotel to stay at. They have breakfast there everyday, both hot and cold, and they have a "happy hour" on Monday to Wednesday, serving soda, wine and beer, along with choice finger foods.

The room was clean, as expected. There is a kitchen with everything you need to cook and serve meals, of you decide to cook in the room. The bathroom was spacious, and clean, but my room only offered a shower. I've always great experiences with the Marriott Residence Inn brand and I was pleased with my stay.

Every morning for breakfast, the ladies taking care of the breakfast area always had smiles on their faces and would say "Good Morning". I really enjoyed this area.

My recommendation is that if you visit the Minneapolis/St. Paul area... stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank JNJJ
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our 2 night stay at this hotel was coordinated through Travel Team USA for The Blue Ox Invitational at a team group rate. Our family typically travels 4-6 times a year for sports tournaments so this is not my first rodeo. The hotel is newer and was convenient to the tournament location. The staff is courteous and helpful. However, our room had bathroom plumbing issues (toilet did not flush properly). We utilized the front desk provided plunger for the problem on the first night but the problem persisted and the plunger was needed again night 2 (the front desk offered to do the plunging I opted to be the one to do it). On night two when I called down for the plunger the front desk mentioned we were not the only room having problems and said it must be due to the "high occupancy" of the hotel that weekend. I'm no plumber or builder but I wondered if perhaps local building codes may have played a part in the room plumbing of this newer hotel. We resorted to primarily using the lobby bathroom during our stay. The front desk offered a reduced rate or points as compensation for the inconvenience when we checked out the following morning. However, when I checked out Sunday morning the desk clerk said since we'd booked with a group rate her only option was to offer us additional points for the inconvenience and I took what I could get.

Room tip: Maybe a higher floor room would not have plumbing issues
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank angel92ks
Jamie S, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear angel92ks,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We value all guest feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve our services. I am very sorry for the experiences you encountered with the plumbing issues in your bathroom. I have addressed your concerns with my maintenance staff to prevent future incidents like this from happening again. We certainly hope you would consider staying with us again when traveling to the Woodbury area.

Jamie S.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Everything was very well done. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast had many options. Also,thank you Sue for your great customer service! You definitely went above and beyond for us during our stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay in a one bedroom suite at the Residence Inn St Paul Woodbury. Room was very spacious with full size fridge, small dishwasher and microwave. Not all of the rooms have a stove with an oven so we requested a room that had an oven. The bed was super comfortable and the suite was very clean. The breakfast was really great with a wide variety of selections. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple