“A Restaurant with no Food”
Review of Pickwick Inn

Pickwick Inn
Ranked #61 of 90 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 September 2015

Beautiful space, no menu, no food. The bartenders stood around and talked to regulars while waited to be served. Not much parking either.

6  Thank Klutch G

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink with a local and he said the place just reopened not that long ago. It's a sweet little bar in the middle of nowhere with a spectacular view of the river with a cool waterfall. They just started serving food again. We did not eat so I can't tell you how the food was. I wish I had a cool bar like this by my house as I would visit quite frequently.

1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great food.beautiful veiw nice people, great service.And I hear they are remodeling.Can't wait to go back this summer.,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The waterfall was great. The physical plant of the restaurant needs some attention. It's a bit on the shabby side. The carpet on the floor should be replaced with a nice wood floor OR at the very least, have a good deep steam cleaning. We had heard from friends that the Pickwick Inn Restaurant was making a turn around, so we decided to give it a try. I had the Cod Fish Special ... it tasted like they just took pre-battered cod fillets and dropped them in a deep fat fryer. The batter was a bit tough. The waitress asked me how my meal was ..... I said, "A bit below average", then she walked away ..... no effort to resolve the bad meal. My wife had the salmon - she said , " It was OK, but not near as nice as another restaurant just down the road. Until we hear that things have greatly improved ... we won't be dining here again.

3  Thank BeenHereManyTimes
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We were there on a Saturday and it was great. We were not going to go because of the reviews we read but our neighbors were recently there and recomended it. We were told there is a new owner and told of some recent remodeling. The food was great and the price was excellent. It's not a fancy dress up place, but rather casual. We will for sure be back and looking forward to seeing some more changes. The view of the waterfall was totally worth the half hour drive from LaCrosse. We wish the new owners luck! By the way I had prime rib and my wife had the tips, they were both great.

2  Thank Lxsocrdad

Been to Pickwick Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK