All reviews bowling alley copper door full kitchen breakfast buffet get away two bedroom condo girls weekend live music cute town another couple walleye indoor pool ribs up to date both nights steam shower beach area
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were very excited for our stay at the Chase as we were going to be in town for a wedding. The property itself and our 2 bedroom suite was nice but the service in the hotel and 502 were beyond terrible. We checked in on Thursday and out on Sunday and they did not clean our room AT ALL during ENTIRE our stay. In fact, we didn't see housekeeping AT ALL. We ran out of toilet paper on Saturday and called housekeeping to let them know this and that we would be out of the room for 6-7 hours attending the wedding, yet when we returned Saturday evening the room had not been refreshed and we were still out of toilet paper. I am 5 months pregnant and had no toilet paper. My husband had to walk to the lobby to get TP at 10pm. The service in the 502 was terrible as well. The waitresses were rude and seemed as if they did not want to be there. We were so excited to be back in the midwest and enjoy some midwestern hospitality but we were not treated to any at the Chase. We were paying over $300 a night for a suite that hadn't been cleaned and didn't have TP! I would not recommend this property to anyone. Upon checkout we were not given any discounts or even an apology for the lack of service to our room. We are extremely disappointed. Lastly, the hotel is very loud at night. It sounds more like a frat house than a nice resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda V
Management response:Responded 19 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay with us. I am following up to ensure that you received the Be Our Guest Certificate. We take all guest feedback seriously and we would love for you to return and experience our property. We do have people with various interests and would love to make sure you are in a section of our hotel that is fitting for your family. You can reach me at tgallati@chaseonthelake.com

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Well, I decided to surprise my young bride of many decades with an overnight stay at this hotel without telling her where we were going! And it worked! Overall the hotel is very clean, our room was wonderful, and the "502 Restaurant" (in the hotel) was fantastic. My only criticism is that our room was not ready at the 4:00 P.M. check-in time. We arrived early and let the front desk know we are here (2:30 P.M.). But I did not expect to get into our room at that time. We returned at 4:00 and was told the room would be ready shortly and we would be notified. 45 minutes later we still had not been notified and I was a little irritated. I went back to the front desk and and guess what, the room was ready but they forgot to tell us. So that is why I only gave 4 stars.

Room tip: There are plenty of small shops to wander around in only a block or so from the hotel, so the location is great!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dokphun
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This place was wonderful! The rooms are beautiful - very clean and comfortable. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is VERY god. Had breakfast both days - very very good. Had dinner both nights and it was wonderful! Give a shout out to Mark in the bar - he was amazing ! Met many people - all very friendly. Town is only a block away with several shops and other food choices. My husband and I had a great time and HIGHLY recommend this place.

Room tip: Harbor View room is awesome - try and get one with a balcony - very pretty views
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbeckman1965
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend at chase on the lake and it was ok. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast at the resort was very good for being included in the stay. The property location is ideal right on the lake with easy access to bike trails and downtown. The downside the place is dirty. The beds were clean which to me is most important but there was cob webs, dirt on the lamps and the walls, and the bathroom was not cleaned well. Overall I would go back but might stay in another hotel or a cabin on the lake.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsDalton2016
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was excited to stay at the 'famous' Chase On The Lake during an arranged business trip in June of 2017. I had thought about booking a romantic long weekend stay, but was not impressed. Evenings were on our own, and several of us opted to stay at this place, getting waited on while on the patio (waiting for that picturesque sunset) was futile. The sunset was fabulous, the service - not-so-much. Dinners and Luncheons were a bit meager and disappointing; and the rooms were historic, but not fabulous, and in my impression, the entire 'Chase' experience was over-rated. I will NOT be booking a personal long weekend here.

Room tip: Ask for a nice view, HOPE for good restaurant service.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank VickyT1809
Management response:Responded 19 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not stellar. Every review is taken very serious here at our property. We would love to hear more about your experience. Could you please reach out to me at tgallati@chaseonthelake.com to discuss?