All reviews indoor pool and hot tub paddle boats facilities cabin accommodations minnesota
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Hiawatha Beach Resort! AJ, Vanessa, and Ben were exceptional to work with. They made the planning of a three-day reunion for 100 people so much easier. We had family that stayed in their Lodge Rooms as well as the Cabins. We heard nothing but positive feedback from all 90 guests! The Lodge rooms and Cabins had full kitchens that were well stocked with utensils and necessities needed for cooking. Even a dishwasher! They were able to set us up with enough grills and picnic tables to seat 90 people for evening meals. They even let us use their golf cart to transport three elderly family members from the lodge to the lawn. The beach was always clean and the kids (all ages) enjoyed the paddle boards, inflatables, and much more. The pool and hot tub were an awesome option for those who didn't want to swim in the lake. The adults enjoyed the Veranda that overlooks the beach. We had three boats docked in their marina -- wonderful addition -- easy in and easy out. Had good luck fishing the lake and tons of fun just fishing off the docks. The scheduled weekly kids activities were a blessing and if you get the chance don't miss out on Bingo! As you can tell we had a wonderful time and many family members have booked private vacations for next year. Give Hiawatha Beach a chance to make your family vacation an awesome experience!

Room Tip: If you can get it, go for a lake view -- you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ben J, Owner at Hiawatha Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Christina,

We are so happy that you and your family had such a great time. Many of your family members stopped by and gave a heartfelt thank you to many of us. It's a blessing to us when the families are so respectful and appreciative. From all of us, thank you. We look forward to having you all back soon!

May God bless you and yours,
Ben

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place was wonderful! One of my favorite Resorts and we go to a different one weekly in the summer with our camper. Best beach by far and the staff were all great. Don't forget to try the pizza. They have a indoor pool and hot tub that is steps away from the beach, tons of free things like paddle boats, canoes, paddle boards etc. The cabins looked very nice with a variety of sizes to accommodate any occasion. I will be back next year for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ben J, Owner at Hiawatha Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for spending your time here with us. We are happy to hear that you had such a great time! We look forward to seeing your family next year.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I booked cabin #9 for my family of five to spend a day on our way to dropping our kids off at camp. Reviews were good and I thought for $388 NOT including tax that this place MUST be really nice. I didn't know that it's really just a campground. So I'm not sure why the price is relatively high for the area. The facilities and accommodations are very modest and dated. There were no bath towels or shampoo in the cabin. Linoleum floor peeling up from moisture in bathroom. Pub food and plastic table cloths in restaurant. No online movies. Our kids didn't complain but this is all just not what I expected given the cost. It was so disappointing that we left after four hours and chalked up the cost as an expensive mistake. We stayed the night instead at country inn in bemidji where we got two modern, clean, adjoining rooms and nice pool for little more than half the cost of Hiawatha.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ben J, Owner at Hiawatha Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. It really caught me off guard that you didn't enjoy your vacation because I remember checking your family in and and every time I saw you, you had a big beautiful smile from ear to ear. I showed you rooms in both the lodge and the cabin and you chose the cabin. I thought you even said "this looks great"... but I might be mistaken. You are correct in saying that we don't have digital movies for rent, but it seemed like you guys checked out some free dvd's from our collection. I also remember taking your order over the phone, cooking your meal and delivering it all right to your cabin. Again, it seemed like your family was happy. But in any case, I thank you for being a guest at Hiawatha Beach and wish you the best of luck. - AJ Jacobson

Reviewed 3 August 2016

My wife's family held a reunion at Hiawatha Beach in late July. We had a great time. The beach is great and the staff are extremely friendly. Most of us stayed in cabins, which were nice, and a few were camping. There are getting to be fewer resorts that offer both. The resort has fun activities for the kids. Leech Lake fishing is getting better every year. The new marina will be a hot spot for fishing when the weeds start growing.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Walter S
Ben J, Owner at Hiawatha Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Thank you Walter for your review, we are happy to hear that your family enjoyed your time here at Hiawatha Beach Resort.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

This is one of our most favorite campgrounds! It is a real gem, especially if you have kids. There is a nice swimming area; easy access to boating as it is right on Leech lake, fishing docks. The water trampolines, lily pad floating mats & paddle boats are available free to guest. There is also a pool, hot tub and game room.

Nice small bar and area to get treats and let the kiddos get ice cream or snacks.

The sites are plenty spacious & the campground is clean. There are quite a few seasonal campers but plenty of spots for others.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank S A

Thank you for your kind review we work hard to make our resort welcoming to all. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time here at Hiawatha Beach Resort.