All reviews burlington bay media room the main lodge full kitchen the indoor outdoor hot tub north shore third floor lake homes king bed allow dogs living room electric grill girls weekend overlooking the lake gas fireplace get away state park
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We just returned from a 2 night stay. It was surprisingly pretty nice. The rooms are nothing special. The staff was very friendly. The view was fabulous. Pool, hot tub were both quite nice. The restaurants service is poor but the food was good. You can't beat the view on the deck! All in all, besides the actual rooms (they were okay) the resort was a pleasant surprise!

Date of stay: July 2016
Ken T, Manager at Superior Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Hi Emjdcv,

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We have over 50 different room types between our 3 properties, so we do have the standard hotel style rooms, but we also have rooms with jacuzzis and/or fireplaces, cute and quaint little studios, and full 1,2,3 and 5 bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, decks, etc. We're happy to find you the perfect room for your next visit!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Prince Charming and I have stayed at Superior Shores three times now and have loved every visit! We selected the condo-like rooms away from the main lodge, and they have all been generously pillowed (an important feature for lazy me) and outfitted with sufficient table space to spread out our feasts. The gas fireplaces are a wonderful convenience, just off and on when you want them, and no maintenance for us. The views of Lake Superior and the bays are stellar. Even in winter we open the windows periodically to hear the sounds of the Lake. Bird watching from the rooms is dazzling. Northwoods cabin decor completes the picture of this delightful hotel. We'll be back.

Date of stay: February 2016

Hi Sister Trillby,
Thank you so much for your review! The lake in the bay is just like the ocean sometimes, and always just as gorgeous - and unpredictable :) We are so glad you have enjoyed your stays - we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Because we had our dog our room options were limited on the day we were coming next year we will decide what dates we will go depending upon availability of better rooms. still the room was Lovely the tub was wonderful and the kitchen was great sadly of the whole place this is the only room that has no covered patio and when it rained which it did the water pours off the roof even when it's not really raining that much outside it still pours right down on top of you when you walk out your door and when you have your umbrella and you're coming back in and then you have to reach and shut the door and close your umbrella invariably you get soaked every time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Apple A
Ken T, Manager at Superior Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Hi Apple A,
Thank you for your review. While it is lovely to be able to bring your pet, not all of the rooms are pet friendly, so unfortunately, that does sometimes limit the options. Room 1100 is a studio style suite, nestled in the corner, or 'elbow' of the hallway. I did not realize this could or does have an effect on the rainfall, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think you will really enjoy a one bedroom suite for your next stay - a full kitchen, separate master bedroom with king bed, jacuzzi tub, living room, covered patio. Please let us know when you're coming back, and we'll get you in the perfect room! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Stayed at Superior Shores in July 2014 in a 2nd floor studio room w/ kitchen and July 2016 in a ground floor 1-bedroom suite with living room and kitchen. Both rooms were lake view, really comfortable, and decorated with all the charms of a cabin in the North Woods. Love the whirlpool for soaking soar muscles after long days of hiking. Room pricing is reasonable compared to similar properties along the north shore, and love that they allow dogs!

Room tip: Dog-friendly rooms are ground floor facing the lake. The annex building was quieter and more private than the main lodge.
1  Thank Kalyn310
Ken T, Manager at Superior Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Hi Kalyn310,
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your loyalty. These rooms are fun, and we find it important that you are able to bring the whole family (furry ones included!). Hope to have you back soon!!
Thanks!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.

We arrived Friday evening and thought we'd grab a bite to eat in the restaurant. That was one of worst dining experiences ever! The restaurant was not busy at all and ended up having to go up to the host and ask for a server. A server came to our table and said our sever was not available at the moment and was tied up. We sat there like umm, OK. Then she came back and we asked her if we could at least order drinks. She did take our drink order and then we also asked her about the specials. She seemed a bit annoyed that she had to help. She came back with the drinks and said it looks like I will be helping you "is that OK?" she said. Well we didn't really have any other options I am thinking unless we left all together. We totally felt like we were being an inconvenience. Other tables seemed to have great services and the staff was attentive.

When we got to our room I thought it was OK at first glance. There were several mosquitoes flying around inside of it which I thought was weird since did not have baloney. I went to turn on the main light switch and the knob came right off in my hand. I had to hand twist the light as the knob kept coming off.

Saturday morning I became much less impressed with the place. I was in the shower and noticed the entire shower lining was covered in mold spots. I was beyond disgusted by that. I went to grab a towel which I could tell was clean but was stained with what looked like either rust or blood. Again beyond disgusted.

At this point I felt it was time to call down and report the issues. I spoke with a manager who seemed nice and helpful. He apologized for the issues. From the way our conversation went I assumed that while we were out the for the day the shower curtain would have been replaced as being around mold is not good for your health, but no it was not nor was the light switch repaired. Just the bed was made and fresh towels. Housekeeping took the soap that was in the soap dish and did not even leave us a fresh bar!

When I went to check out I had to stand there and wait a few minutes while two employees behind the front desk finished their conversation. Not sure what it was about, it would have been nice to at least have been acknowledged that they would be with me in just a minute. But no not so much. The one girl looked up at me several times, but said nothing.

I asked the girl for a printout as the manger I spoke with the day prior said he would make an adjustment on our bill for the inconvenience. I didn't know how much that was I wanted record of it. In the meantime I told the girl that none of the things were fixed after I spoke with the manger. She didn't say much to that other than she would left them know it was still needed. Basically we had the taxed waived off our bill which was $58. For spending $200 a night not sure if I found that completely fair, but it is what it is. I would not say the rooms are worth $200 a night. That was our first and last time ever staying there.

I am posting a picture of the light switch and shower curtain. The lightening was bad in the tub with the curtain pulled shut. This picture does not do justice to the mold spotting and this is only one small section as I could not get a picture of the entire curtain unless I were to take it down.

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. I am beyond dismayed to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. It is certainly not our intention that you encounter any of these. It will be our endeavor to get to the bottom of all of these issues, and remedy them.