“Reservations Essential”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a visit on a very busy Saturday night. While the obliging staff endeavour to accommodate those who drop in without booking, there were some who had to wait a while until tables became available.The decor is very good but the tables squashed in to an extent and it became an obstacle course negotiating the way out when we left.
But onto the food. This is very good indeed. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her entree of crab claw ($5.80) and her Prawn Katsu ($15.20) main course. As I was having a Bento box, she requested her entree and main be served together. No problem!
The Bento boxes come in three sizes (A, B and C). I opted for the mid size Scallop Katsu ($24.80). In addition to the fresh, plump scallops there were meatballs, goyza, salad, rice and miso soup. Very good value.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Had not been for a while, but still as good as ever for quality of food.
Busy as usual and I must admit to being a bit nervous whenever the hot dishes went by at the back of one of our companions as the tables are quite close together. As it is busy it can be difficult to have a conversation with a table of 4 but if you just want good Japanese food, this must be one of the best.
There is a charge for credit card payments, and not sure if there is still a .50c pp charge for water.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent food & very polite service.

HAHA ignore the idiot that gave it one star for not being able to find it.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We can't stay away from this place. I get withdrawal symptoms unless we eat there at least once a week.
Take a bottle of wine and sit down for the best delights ever.
For a while we were hooked on the fish teriyaki bento box C comes with all the trimmings and for us is enough for 2.... the miso soup is wonderful.
Currently hooked on 9 piece sashimi (swap out the octopus can be a bit chewy) with the 2 crab claws for entree. Then teriyaki fish set menu (included miso soup rice and salad) for main.
The staff are all very friendly and the food delightful... about $50 for the two of us.
Anyway don't forget to book early or you will miss out as I have sadly learnt on the odd occasion.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

It was Sunday afternoon of a long weekend and we hadn't enjoyed a Japanese meal for at least a week. Our regular Japanese restaurant seemed to be going through some changes recently that we were not too happy about, so it was time to find a new "regular".
A friend had recommended we try Yuki, so a booking was made. Upon arrival, we actually realized that we had eaten here quite some time ago, but for a quick lunch before another activity. This time there were three adults and a baby with more time to savour the delights.
Now, as some of my readers may remember, I am allergic to garlic and my wife has become intolerant to garlic though years of abstinence in support of me.
Taking care to always notifying the staff is an important habit that always needs to be stressed. In this case the manager/owner? came to our table to discuss our choices, which was definitely appreciated. She was also very helpful in choosing my sake.

Unfortunately, some of the choices I made contained garlic and had to be changed, so we were not able to sample some of the absolutely wonderful dishes on offer.
We were very happy with what we were able to eat and will return. Soon