“Wouldn't seat us”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My family and I wanted to try the Dock Cafe to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I went outside to request a table for four on the deck. My husband, daughter, and her boyfriend were meeting me there. The hostess would not seat me until my family arrived...The hostess said that they don't seat people until the whole party is present. This was a first! I have never been to a restaurant where they don't seat you if a table is available for the number in your party if they are there or not! I explained that my family was on their way but no...she would not seat me... Needless to say, I was not happy and very disappointed. We went to a different restaurant and the Dock Cafe lost our business. Will never go here again...

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Dock Cafe

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We got there just before 5 in order to get a nice table and not be rushed- it was the perfect Time to get there on a Friday night.
A couple people had walleye which they enjoyed.
Wild rice soup is quite tasty and the Caesar salad was good as well.
I tried the shrimp and scallops with linguine and enjoyed the flavors of the dish.
There is usually a waiting list for the outdoor patio so be prepared to wait they do not take reservations out there. The view of the st. Croix is fabulous and watching the boats float by is a treat.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

While travelling with family, we stopped here because my mom really wanted the view from the outdoor seating. Everyone leaving the restaurant said the food was quite good, and they turned out to be right. We ordered a variety of sandwiches and salads, and they were all good. Everything expect for the salmon risotto was a good size. The risotto was actually very small, and more expensive than anything else. My husband would definitely have been hungry afterward if he hadn't finished my son's sandwich too. All of the fruit and greens were very fresh as well. Things were a touch on the expensive side, but you pay for the view I guess.

1  Thank Brittn6
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Great presentation and good food. I enjoyed my meal of salmon and mashed potatoes, though the potatoes oddly reminded me of instant potatoes. The flavor was just...off. Still, the ambiance and views were great, they had a nice drink menu, and plenty of gluten free options, which was really nice!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Inside and outside dining overlooking the Stillwater recreation area. Food was excellent and service prompt. Would make a return trip here the next time in Stillwater.