“So much fun stuff to see”

Mid-Town Antique Mall
Ranked #15 of 25 things to do in Stillwater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It took us at least a couple hours to go through the whole store. We just bought a couple small things, but there were staff available to help you where ever you were in the huge place. The displays were well organized and not so cluttered like a lot of antique stores. Would definitely stop there again when I visit Stillwater.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This huge antique mall has three full floors (the top floor is furniture).
I believe that many of the "booths" (display cases/display sections) are maintained by their owners, so while many of the displays are well-maintained, well-presented, and organized, there are definitely some that are just completely haphazardly organized, overflowing, and dusty. Many of the "booths" have themes -- for instance, antique coins, British royalty collectibles, Russian collectibles, farming tools -- but not all.

Overall most of the aisles are reasonably easy to navigate; I am unsure if is possible to to the upper levels without using stairs.

A downside is that there rarely is any place to sit (except the floor or the steps) so if you come with someone else who is taking forever (a lot longer than you), you might be better off heading out to get an ice cream across the street!

Length of time required: really depends on how much you like to look at antiques, want to see everything in the store, etc. You could breeze in and out in a few minutes, but to really look at everything probably closer to 60-90 minutes.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We've been here several times in our Midwest antiquing trips but I think we'll cross this one off the list. The prices have gone up significantly and while I understand the benefit from having the dealers work at the store I don't think they're the best people for providing customer service. The last time I was here I saw a vintage coat I really liked but was priced high for the condition. Since it had been several months I decided to ask if we could call the seller and see if they'd take a little less considering the condition and the fact that it had been there for quite a long time. The person at the desk said no because the tag was marked AI "as is". I told them I understood that but maybe they'd be willing to make room for new inventory for what would still be a good price (similar coats online were going for half but we like to buy local and are willing to pay more to do so). The person refused so I left the coat. An unfortunate customer service interaction that will likely lead to us skipping this place.
But if you're visiting Stillwater I'd still recommend stopping and looking, the building itself is neat and window shopping all the neat items is still fun. Just know you can probably find a better deal elsewhere.

1  Thank TheSheepMan28
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Stopped in for another visit on May 19. Not too busy but several staff members there to answer questions & help. With 3 floors & many booths to search you can spend several hours there & enjoy every moment. Clean, well-lit, & with a wide choice of collections wveryone can find somehting.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Best antique mall we've been to, bar none., Tons of dealers, each specializing in something. The third flood is filled, stem to stern, with antique furniture, enough to set your head to spinning.

While they have lots of stuff that is really expensive, I know a little about antiques and thought that overall, the prices could be categorized as fair to reasonable. I believe it is considered the largest antique mall in the Midwest.

I know people go to Stillwater for the river and the views, but if you;'re at all interested in antiques, take an hour-plus for this place. It really seems to be a one-of-a-kind.