“What has happened to Humble Pies”
Review of Humble Pie

Humble Pie
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Once upon a time this place was fantastic. We would drive from the Gold Coast just to get a pie. Now it is so run down, pies are horrible, half of them are not available anymore. Such a shame.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We often buy the family size pies when we are holidaying in the area for a family meal.
We've always found the pies to be tasty.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Recently stopped in on the way home from a weekend away, only to find the toilets were smelly (yes it was a hot day) and it was not a t nice smell. However to top it off we decided to take some pies home for tea that night only to find that after purchasing our pies over the counter with drinks and with an ice block we got hit with a 10% surcharge on already top prices.
i thought this surcharge was for public holidays not Saturdays and Sundays all year round.
this has now not only left a bad taste with us but also the other 2 guests we had with us. so now tha'ts 3 families that won't be stopping in on the next trip

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This place used to be great back in the day, but it's really gone downhill in recent years. I've been there three times in the past 6 months hoping to catch them on a 'good day' but each time I've been disappointed. Each time they have not had what we ordered in and we've had to pick something different, even though we'd arrived early in the day (by 11 a.m.). The bathrooms were filthy, with black mould covering the walls and inside the toilet. The outdoor tables were dirty, with dried sauce and other food crusted to the seats. The pies are dry and tasteless. I'll not go back again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I lived on the North Coast of NSW between 2000 and 2010. During that time I would regularly travel to Brisbane to see my parents. And either on the way north or south I would stop at Humble Pie. The pies was always delicious, and the garden surrounds a nice break from the trip.

Sadly the upgrade to the highway impacted upon Humble Pie, as while you can directly access the shop heading north, you cannot heading south. To access the shop heading south you need to take a detour (which is not signposted for the shop), both to get into the shop and then again to get back on the highway. And if you miss the turn, by the time you see the shop it is too late.

Anyway I took the detour and visited the shop. While I remember queues to the door In the past, sadly I was the only customer. Anyway it was late in the afternoon, so perhaps not unexpected.

I ordered two pies. I got the Steak and Mushroom and the Pepper Steak. Truth be told Pepper Steak was always my favourite, but they only had one left (which turned out lucky).

The Steak and Mushroom was delicious. Large pieces of steak, a thick gravy and a flaky pastry.

The Pepper Steak was not. While the board said it was award winning, that must have been a long time ago. The pie I had would not win any awards. It was mince, not steak, and in fact was mainly gravy. And the gravy was so hot that when some spilled from the pie it almost burnt my finger.

So while the Humble Pie was a regular stop, sadly it no longer deserves to be. The quality has dropped, and with it the I suspect the customers (a vicious circle in the end).

Had it not been for the Steak and Mushroom pie I would have given a rating of 2.