“Great Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Southview Family Restaurant
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

I found this place on Tripadvisors web site. It was close to where we were so decided to try it. We were impressed! Great service, and great food! Prices were very reasonable....

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Having grown up and so St. Paul, everyone knows there are not very many places to eat. There are a couple of places that you would consider greasy spoons that you know what to expect. While knowing so St. Paul for 40+ years it he been many many many years since I was to this location… It was a different name back then.

So was Saturday morning was a first for my 19-year-old son and I to try a different greasy spoon. I had the biscuits and gravy he and my son had eggs Benedict.

My B&G were decent, you they were homemade. The biscuits were not quite as flaky as I would like but they were not store-bought, so that's a good thing - they were a little bit on the doughy. You could tell the gravy was made with simple flower instead of a kind of seasoned flour. It to was a little bit don't worry, could have used more sausage, sausage drippings, and pepper.

My son had the eggs Benedict, it was his first time with them, and he said he could be, eggs Benedict fan. He did admit that he didn't have anything to compare them to, but I will take his feedback as a positive.

If you are comparing this to other greasy spoons, it's not bad. It's nothing to write home about, but it's nothing to complain about either. For a breakfast out that you don't want anything fancy, I'd go back.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

OMG so super yummy Gyros!!!! and the staff is fantastic!!! I love the neighborhood feel and location!!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

T J's of Southview

Strip-mall neighborhood restaurant-they have been here for 13 years and in their present incarnation for 3. There was a fairly large group of about 15 people having breakfast together but the restaurant is big enough that there was no problem with noise and there was plenty of seating left in booths and at tables. He had the Skillet scramble. He liked it quite well except for the potatoes which he felt were too big. They looked pretty good to me but he's very attached and particular about his potatoes and usually not fond of much that differs from hash browns. I had the Apple Fritter French Toast: apple fritter bread dipped and fried. It was thick and crispy in places and flavorful. It was $7.95 and did not come with meat so I ordered a side of bacon-another $3.95-so now my breakfast (not counting coffee) is up to almost $12. It would have been more than I could eat. I would rather have received 2 pieces of bacon for about $2 rather than 4 for $3.95. Since He didn't like his potatoes, he finished off my French toast and bacon.This is a nice enough restaurant, good service, nice waitress and the food's quite good.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Super service and the food is fantastic!!! I love the breakfasts and the Gyro's!!!! The prices are super reasonable too!!!