All reviews cookies double tree nice hotel wedding party business trip few blocks fridge and microwave shuttle service the room was nice bed was comfortable wild game xcel energy center twin cities parking paul st skyway
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We were going to a concert at the Xcel Center, so I wanted to stay somewhere downtown.

Pros of this hotel- FREE shuttle to anywhere within 3miles of the hotel. Our driver was fantastic, kind, and informative. The lobby was clean. Our room was clean.

Cons of this hotel- Parking is $18 a night! Our hotel room was clean but nothing fancy or above average about it for how much we had to pay for one night there. Our bathroom door had to be strongly forced shut, the room was poorly lit, and the room was warm even though we had the air on.

Would I stay here again? I would probably try other hotels in the area before I go back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
MikeF4077, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton St Paul Downtown. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Stayed there to attend the Maroon 5 concert. Great location. I do wish there was a map of the skywalk provided at check in. I was looking for a quick inexpensive bite to eat, and couldn't find anywhere along the walk to the Xcel Center. The next day, I realized that had I taken the escalator up, there were several small places. Wish I had known.Customer service was good, room was comfortable and clean. The coffee in the room was not to my liking and very minimal. Overall the location was worth the price .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MikeF4077, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Skyway maps are available upon request at the front desk. We are always happy to share information about St. Paul.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Great location for a downtown hotel. Good restaurants within walking distance or eat at the hotel which has good drinks and food. This was my second time staying at the hotel for business and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MikeF4077, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton St Paul Downtown! Your feedback means a lot to us. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the St. Paul.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Although we had a decent stay, I must say our double queen room seemed more like full sized mattresses which was unexpected. We split our room with another couple which made the room seem to small for our needs. The sink was in the bathroom and the bathroom was rather small. I felt cramped and uncomfortable almost the whole time. There was blood stains on our comforter and we got complimentary drinks at the bar due to the issue.This morning came,labor day, and no breakfast was being served. We had received our breakfast buffet tickets and they gave us enough for each person each morning. So we assumed to be expecting breakfast. If we would have been informed we would not be having breakfast we would have planned better. On the plus side we got comped on our room expense due to the error and they did put out some fruit and yogurt in the lobby for guests. I enjoyed the fact they tried to help with the several minor issues,however I'd prefer better service from the get go. I can't say I will be back to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Mike F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your review. Your feedback means a lot to us. I am sorry to hear that your first impressions of the hotel were not our best. We are in the business of hospitality and even though many times we do it well, we fell short of our expectations for ourselves. I apologize for falling short on our high service standards. While we do our best to always deliver a smooth experience, it appears we fell short and did not meet expectations during your visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

A/C issues, Room not clean, poor breakfast quality, poor service. The hotel was not able to get these issues corrected during my stay. They did have good internet, great location, even though the staff couldn’t get things fixed they were polite about it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business