See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2018

RUN!!! Horrible Hotel. Receptionist at check in was unprofessional and rude. Location of hotel is in slums, people were coming into the parking lot and leaving frequently and never leaving their cars, there was people hanging around the hotel with no purpose. I believe they were dealing drugs out of the facility. We walked to the corner to get a sandwich at the Subway and was followed back by couple of men who were not staying at the hotel. Every person that entered the hotel had to show a Driver license or ID to get into the hotel. The rooms were horrible: old crappy furniture, sheets felt like they were cheese cloth, heater did not work and it was -2 below that night. I slept in my clothes and coat I was so cold. Everything in this hotel smells, hallways smelled like smoke, rooms were musty old smelling, walls and carpet were filthy. The walls are paper thin as someone in the next room watch Law & Order until 4am and I could hear every word of it. I cannot believe the health department has not condemned this facility and shame on booking.com for rating this as a "fair" hotel. We slept just long enough to rest our eyes and left at 5am the next morning. TRUST me pay the extra dollar and stay somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel there is no good room in this crappy place
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you describe in finding our location. Please know the issue you experienced is an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service concerns you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

If you're looking for a ghetto slum motel that is a hotbed for criminal activity, this is it!
Why is it the lowest priced motel in the area? Let me tell you all the reasons why:
Day 1: Major construction on the fwy. and White Bear Ave. will prevent you from getting to it unless you exit the fwy. miles up the fwy. @ Lake Elmo or take side streets all the way from downtown. 3:00 PM check-in was actually 5:00 PM as the room wasn't ready following a 2 hr. wait in a tiny, dingy "lobby" area w/ no coffee in the coffeemaker (including the entire time we were there. ) We could "smell" the horrible stench of our room as we entered it. The appearance was even worse: Black mold above tub tile. Tiles around tub nozzle missing, exposing the interior wall. Lever missing which holds water in tub, preventing taking a bath. Light bulb missing from entry. Furniture stained, wood peeling. Paid for 3 guests but only got 2 sets of dishrag quality towels.
Day 2: Housekeeping left us NO toilet paper and stacked our towels on the toilet!
Day 3: Housekeeping left the trash cans overflowing so I set the bagged trash in the hall against the wall outside our door. "Pam" @ front desk pounded on the door & ordered us to remove our trash from the hall and either dump it outside in the trash bin or bring it back into our room or she would throw us out!
Day 4: We checked out that AM which was not soon enough for us! The GM Ebony Jenkins-Taylor apologized profusely and promised to issue me a full refund, but in fact did not issue any refund at all for the 3 nights we endured in sub-standard conditions as I later discovered when I got my credit card bill.
Note: I phoned and emailed the Corporate Ofc. the night of the incident and several times over the next 4 mo. and they NEVER got back to me. Later when I was able to speak with someone at Corporate, they refused to take any responsibility for the Health Code Violation issues and threat made to me, a senior citizen, and my two disabled daughters, saying it was up to the Motel 6 franchise itself.
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Apparently this motel has so many disgruntled guests that Ebony mistakenly responded to another guests complaint instead of mine, breaching their privacy in the process sharing their confidential information. She responded a 2nd time, alleging they had thrown us out due to disorderly conduct. Wrong guest, again!
If you want to experience the underbelly part of St. Paul, this is the place. Warning, come prepared! Anything can happen at this hellhole.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheri W
Reviewed 18 October 2017

While the room was supposedly remodeled, there was still a lot of work which could have been done in the room....and it could use a good cleaning.
The sink was slow to empty after washing my hands.
With the windows closed I did not hear road noise. The room was on the 2nd floor.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patients P
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband and I checked in there and within minutes found a huge stain in the middle of the bed. The room was filthy and the staff was incredibly unhelpful. They said that since I had booked within the last few hours they did not have to give a refund. I paid 120.00 and ended up leaving within minutes of our arrival. Save yourself. This place is filthy. I contacted Motel 6 corporate and they indicated this was a privately owned location and they could not assist with my issues. If they are going to put their name on it, they should stand behind it. Unfortunately this experience now means I will NEVER consider another Motel 6 location. If I could give it less than a 1 star I would.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ebony J, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm so sorry that you were misinformed I would glad to assist you in this issues. My name is Ebony Jenkins-Taylor and I'm the General Manager here. I will surly investigate your concern feel free to reach-out at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Old, dirty, shabby, rusty and DIRTY!!! Dust billowed up from bed coverings, even the grout in the bathroom was rusty. Dirt in every corner of the bathroom. Bedding was not clean - dirty pillowcase, spotted mattress and pad. Have stayed in other Motel 6 s - never anything this bad. Couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: NONE - stay away from here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ebony J, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm truly sorry that you had this experience we take pride in our customer satisfaction. We are a dated property currently going through renovations so that our guest can have a better experience. Weekly we purchase new linen, pillows and we no longer use mattress pads but these awesome mattress protectors. I would love to know what room you had this experience in. Again, I apologize to you for this unfortunate experience.