“a dive but the Halibut yummy!!”
Review of Mac's Fish & Chips

Mac's Fish & Chips
Ranked #175 of 927 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

we went here because of the reviews , we arrive 5 minutes before they close at night. we order a basket of Halibut fry. they were 2 big pieces perfectly cooked , not oily at all. i really wanted to repeat but they closed once we stepped out of the door. the fries were ok I will not ask them again . I only will go back to eat the fish that was like the type that we ate in Homer, Alaska very very good and fresh

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Many visits, never disappoints. My husband and I order the cod or walleye and it's consistently very good. We also order a few shrimp because they're so tasty also. The fries are second to none! Always a lot of people ordering takeout when we've been there but I don't think we could ever wait until we got home to eat. Nothing fancy, just real good food!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I just returned from Dublin and had fish & chips and Mac's is by far the best in this part of the country and the best in the USA so I would send everyone I know there great spot.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

In our search for the best Friday fish fry we tried Mac's on the corner of Hamline and Larpenter. I had the Halibut and Hubs had the walleye. I would say that it was good enough fish overall. You should know that it is very small and more of a fast food fish fry with 6 tables. Seems like a great neighborhood place but not a night out unless, like me, you are looking for some type of adventure. It was steady busy at 730 on Friday night but they are quick and friendly. I'm not going back soon but I would eat here again. I didn't eat the taffy which seems to be a hit because the people in the next table were having a sword fight with their stretched out pieces. Not sure how my teeth would have fared!

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Love the Fish and Chips at Mac's. Several options (Cod, Halibut, Walleye....) and portion sizes to fit anyone's appetite. The food is spectacular!!!

Only concern is the dining as seating is very limited. And even if you are just getting a to-go order, your clothes end up smelling like fried fish regardless how quickly you get in and out of the restaurant (maybe they should add a to-go walk up window???).