“A hidden gem...”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch due to the great reviews I’ve read. This place is charming with great food. They are known for the Ruben which is the sandwich I had. It was great and the service was even better. We even tried some of their bakery from the store to take with us. Can’t wait to come back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (370)

Reviewed 3 February 2021

Wonderful local place that has been a staple in Minnesota since the 1950's. Cecil's has both a to go deli and a sit down restaurant. In my opinion Cecil's Deli is better than both Kats Deli & the Carnegie Deli in New York City. The Rueben sandwich is amazing, I absolutely crave this sandwich whenever I drive by. Easily one of the best sandwiches in Minnesota. They also have great potato salad, matzo ball soup, and I love there homemade cookies. The shortbread almond cookie is my favorite.

Cecil's is a St Paul Institution. My Grandma has been eating here for decades. You will absolutely love this place!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 18 January 2021

I love their caraway rye bread. I also get breakfast there, as even at weekend brunch time, there is almost never a wait. (I am talking pre-pandemic.) The breakfast special includes the caraway rye toast. The takeout portion of the hash browns seemed smaller than the dine-in portion I remember.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank jmeyer37
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Had to be in St. Paul for 4 days to see a Specialist, have tests and a surgery, asked the nurse who worked for the Specialist about local places to get different kinds of foods, considering the Covid restrictions and couldn't be happier for the recommendation of Cecil's Deli. Being Jewish, originally from NYC and having lived most of my life where a Good N.Y. Deli was unavailable, I found myself in heaven sitting in my car eating 2 Vienna all beef Hot Dogs with the best Cole Slaw I can ever remember having and my wife felt the same way plus loved her Pastrami sandwich. What a gourmet meal it was eating in the car!!!! I guarantee that if I have occasion to be in the Twin Cities again, I will return to Cecil's. Incredible.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 8 October 2020

I have been going to Cecil's forever and it is far the best deli in Twin Cities. Their soup and sandwich combo is one of the best deals in town. They have several outstanding types of Reubens and I have a hard time chosing between the Classic with corned beef and the Russian with pastrami. Their soups are all homemade and I always have trouble chowing between the matzo ball soup and cabbage borschet, which is loaded with meat.

My only complaint is that I can't get them to serve tongue. Aaron the owner is a true mensch.

Date of visit: October 2020