“Day before race lunch”
Review of The St. Paul Grill

The St. Paul Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The St. Paul Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 931 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 60
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Recognized annually as the best restaurant in Minneapolis and St. Paul, The St. Paul Grill is On Everyone's List! Business or romance, lunch or dinner, casual or upscale. This downtown icon features a classic, yet surprisingly diverse dining menu ranging from prime steaks and thick-cut chops to succulent poultry and fresh seafood. The Grill's classic and impressive mahogany and brass bar is filled with the Twin Cities' finest selection of rare spirits and wines, and is host to the premiere scotch club in Minnesota. From the incredible food and the impeccable service to the gorgeous view of Rice Park, The St. Paul Grill is a destination restaurant with a reputation that spans generations. It's the kind of place that has a very loyal following and makes new regulars all the time.
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We choose this restaurant based on the proximity to the packet pick up for the TCM marathon, the menu had I a few items I could/wanted to eat the day before the race and it was within walking distance. We made a reservation on opentable (not knowing if they would be busy). We were sat right away. Friend had the walleye- claims it was the best one he has had. I had the loberster roll- fresh and buttery. We enjoyed the apple pie (huge serving). Overall great experience, a little pricey but great for the convenience for us.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

A business colleague and I had dinner here while in St. Paul for a conference. The food was excellent, as was the service. Excellent atmosphere. Great place for dinner. I’m going back when I’m in St. Paul this week.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Good dinner with colleagues our last night on buisness in St. Paul. Interesting cocktail menu. Wine list is decent enough but wine by the glass not so much. Server shared a more premium wine by the glass list with me and I made a selection from that. Service was a little less attentive than expected for a fine dinning restaurant.

Basically an old school classic steak and seafood house with dark wood and white table cloths. Steak prices were a bit more expensive compared to other classic steakhouses I’ve visited across the country. One of us started with the bacon appetizer which was good. Three out of four of us went with seafood and were not disappointed. The fourth had the Filet, I tried a piece. It was very good but not fantastic. (To be fair, there is butcher around the corner from us who sells prime cuts and my husband is a fantastic cook). Ordered a few sides for the table, large and easily shared between four people. We even took some leftover back to the hotel. Overall a nice dinning experience. We were given other recommendations by locals that I wish we had been able to try also. St. Paul appears to be an emerging “foodie” town.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed at the St Paul Hotel for two nights during an academic conference--loved the hotel (see review). We decided to eat at the grill one night rather than brave the rain. The space is opulent enough--dark woods, nice linens, a bit noisy when it was as full as it was, but our table was large enough for the two of us.Service fine. The food is expensive, which we expected, and very well-prepared--my wife had salmon and I had a seafood linguini that was just the right touch of creaminess and spice, with a lot of different kinds of seafood. My wife's salmon was likewise very good. This is really a steak place, however, which means it has all the virtues and vices of those kinds of establishments. While everything is very well -prepared, it's just not very interesting. Nothing unusual on the menu, just exactly as one would expect from a very high-quality steak house.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I took a couple of friends and my brother visiting from California to the restaurant in the St. Paul Hotel. Our experience with the valet had a huge affect on our evening. We arrived in a late model Honda, after a very expensive BMW. The valets opened doors and helped the occupants out of the BMW. When we pulled forward, the three valets just stood there looking at us, as if saying that a Honda shouldn't valet park at the the hotel. Both of my friends commented on the valets judging the vehicle. One commented when we drove up, the other at the end of dinner. I was extremely disappointed in the valets and the affect they had on our evening. I won't go back again.