“8 reasons why I ❤️ Kincaid's St. Paul ”

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 60
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

1. Their New England clam chowder was hearty! Perfect for the cold Minnesota weather.
2. The grilled salmon tasted fresh and was cooked perfectly.
3. Desserts were impressive! For a dessert lover like me, their burnt cream dessert with strawberry and whipped cream, and key lime pie with lemon sorbet were heavenly. Each serving is good for two to three.
4. Service was fast and their staff were friendly. Thanks for all the suggestions, choosing my dishes was easy.
5. I love the old feel of the restaurant - it's so classy but at the same time relaxing. Just perfect for a date or lunch/dinner with friends.
6. The restaurant is big so it can accommodate big groups like us when we had our dinner recently.
7. Online reservation makes it so convenient to book tables for lunch or dinner.
8. Free parking coupon. Isn't that great?

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Reserved for dinner on a very crowded downtown Saturday night. Lots of events occurring. Table was ready, seated as soon as checked in. Menu ranges from excellent seafood dishes with sides such as small potatoes, salads ,vegetables included. We had artic chard and seafood risotto. Both were excellent. Also pasta choices,appetizers,wines and beer and a large array of desserts. Somewhat on the pricey side, but excellent food.
Would recommend for a special dinner event.

Sheryl V, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thank you so much for the nice review from your dining experience on Saturday night.
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know!

Sheryl Vatne

Reviewed 2 February 2017

This restaurant used to be a good mid-upper level steak and fish restaurant. On our last two visits (separated by 6 months), we had a really poor experience. The quality of the food was below average (tough steaks, mediocre fish) and the service was slow and inattentive. The environment was worn. It's a shame to see the restaurant decline.

Sheryl V, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Hello,

I am so sorry that you were disappointed by your last two visits. I would like to get more information so I can follow up on the service and the food. if you would be willing to give me a call or email me I would really appreciate it.
My phone number is 651-602-9000 and my email address is svatne@r-u-i.com.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Sheryl Vatne

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Let the record show: I am not cheap. I am always willing to pay for really good food and really good service. But I must say that this place - even at lunchtime - is so over-the-top-expensive it makes me chuckle. For example, if you want a Caesar salad and a piece of salmon (hardly an original lunch item or pairing) you will spend $16 plus tax. What's more, the "Hearts of Romaine Caesar" ($9) is a plate hardly overflowing with food and it's that white/yellow part of the vegetable (not the yummy green stuff). The salmon you can opt to add is a small piece ($7) and you know it's small when they don't ask for your temperature preference. The service is really good, but stiff and waaaaaay too formal. Seems out of place, really.

I have always gotten the impression that this place is simply able to charge what it charges because there will always be business folks in town for the day at Ecolab or Lawson, rich people staying at the St. Paul Hotel, and/or Ordway attendees who are too afraid to try anything else. Honestly, this place just isn't that good. It's tasty, mind you, but seriously overpriced.

But wait: the happy hour. Not bad. If you can bear the house chardonnay (ACK), you can get a deal on that (or a lame red counterpart) and some yummy appetizers for not a lot of money.

My favorite thing to watch on days the Minnesota Wild is playing at the Xcel Center: all the other places (Great Waters, Pazzaluna, etc.) are filled up, forcing suburbanites in jerseys to eat here. They pack the bar and the restaurant is a ghost town. HI-larious.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We did not plan ahead before a sports event, and felt very lucky to find 2 seats at the bar in Kincaid's. Service was prompt and attentive and the calamari was top notch. We also had a Caesar salad and finished off with a yummy bread pudding and ice cream. Reduced price house wine during happy hour.

Sheryl V, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank you so much for your great feedback! I will make sure I pass on your comments to the rest of the team!