“I love Cafe Latte”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I love Cafe Latte. This review is for the desserts only, not the main dishes .which are a bit mediocre...the salads, soup and sandwiches...it's the basics but it is good. That being said, even though the main dishes may be a bit mediocre... their desserts are OUTSTANDING. So what makes their dessert outstanding and different from the other bakeries in the Twin Cities? Well, to me, there are two: CHEESE CAKE and their HIGH TEA platter. First, their cheese cake...IT IS TO DIE FOR! I have never ever been a fan of cheesecake, ever I've always found it too sweet and dense for me. Well, until I was introduced to Cafe Latte. Wow, for you non-cheesecake people, be sure to be blown away. My experience with their cheese cake: now this cheese cake is so light, heavenly, creamy and just the right texture and sweetness, it literally melts in my mouth. Favorite is the original vanilla cheese cake with the glazed strawberry and whipped cream. You haven't lived until you try this cheesecake! If you haven't yet, do so soon! I also love cafe latte for their afternoon "High Tea" which is offered every afternoon, including Saturday and Sunday. My girlfriends and I have this ritual of coming here once a year on a Sunday, to enjoy this special treat. For $13 you choose type of tea, dessert (they give you about 3 options of cakes and tarts), finger cream cheese/cucumber sandwiches, scone, two small tea cookies, chocolate heart candy, 3 mini dip containers (one raspberry, creme fresh, lemon curd) to dip the scones and cookies. It's all served on a beautful silver tray, with your own tea pot and cup...so pretty. Yes, it's an eyeful, but you don't have to eat it all - you can take it home to enjoy later or the next day or two...! Cafe Latte is a great place for a get together, too. Located on Grand Avenue in St. Paul...really cute area.. I'm so glad that I live in Minneapolis, though...otherwise it will be hard to stay away!

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Usually just come here for their cake, which is definitely something you need to get if you go here. The food is a little bit expensive, but so so so worth it when you get to eat it. Great atmosphere as well, with big windows looking out onto grand avenue.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

All of the food at cafe latte is great! Everything is very fresh, the soups are wonderful. But the desserts are the reason to go., cakes, tortes, cheesecake. Fabulous

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

I have been a fan of this place forever! The love affair started in college and their menu is always fresh, exciting but with favorite standbys that remain--Turtle Cake, salads, bread that satisfies every craving!!! Don't forget their coffees and very affordable prices, you won't be disappointed, I promise!

Reviewed 5 May 2015

I love the desserts at Cafe Latte. However, I wish that there were parking available for their customers because It's so hard to find off street parking on Grand Ave.

Been to Cafe Latte? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK