“Fantastic Comfort Food Dinner!”

Brasa Rotisserie St. Paul
Ranked #9 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasa serves comfort food inspired by the traditions of Creole cooking. Our menu is a celebration of new and old world ingredients, representing native influences and many many styles of cooking. We supply our kitchen with locally sourced products, free range and pasture raised meats, eggs, and dairy. We also feature organic ingredients, fair trade coffee & tea.
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We arrived in search of a relaxing, delicious, comfort-food dinner on a cold, wintry night, and that's exactly what we got! We ordered a collection of dishes so that we could share and try as many as possible.

The plates (rotisserie chicken, pulled chicken, and smoked beef) were superb. I majored in the smoked beef, and although not normally an enormous red meat eater, I could have gone back for a repeat of that perfect sweet meets tangy dish the following day. I didn't know what to expect of the light cream and pepper gravy on the pulled chicken, but it too, was a unique and delicious flavor. The rotisserie chicken was one of the best my husband has ever eaten.

Regarding the sides, some were clearly more to our liking than others. The fried plantains (sweet) were excellent, and the macaroni and cheese and house coleslaw were very good. Unfortunately, the brown sugar candied yams were a bit underwhelming (we prefer what we make at home), and the black beans with yellow rice was very bland. However, it was nothing that the amazing "green sauce" that comes with the meal couldn't improve. The sweet-corn cornbread muffins were a bit dry, but they were a nice accompaniment to the meal.

We didn't have much room for dessert, but wanted something small and sweet to end the meal. On a whim, we got the Brasa chocolate/sweet potato candy bar, which we should have skipped - it served the purpose, but was nothing special after such a wonderful meal.

Our server was courteous, attentive, and helpful and we look forward to returning on our next visit to the Twin Cities.

1  Thank lovestotravel616

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Met a friend for a casual dinner. I researched all TripAdvisor places in St. Paul to make a pick. I liked the idea of a Caribbean/South American dish but this was more Minnesota than anything south of here. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very good. The food was a bit on the bland side. The creamed chicken was unremarkable, the rice was just rice, and the mozzarella/romaine salad was totally lacking in taste. I'm giving it an average rating hoping they will pick things up.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

I consider this place a mix of southern BBQ with Caribbean or even Latin American fare. The beans and rice were terrific. The BBQ sauce is just as advertised - sweet and a touch of spice. The meat is done to perfection but the Mac and Cheese side dish was a little dry. The yuca fries were delicious. Chips and guac was good but a little pricy.

This is a good casual dining for a decent price. Service was excellent as well. I would go back.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Whomever writes that the food here is bland does not have taste buds. Delicious and well cooked Caribbean fare served in an eclectic setting for extremely reasonable prices. This is not Mexican food. If you are looking for lots of tomatoe based dishes and jalapeños, look elsewhere. Here you will find subtle flavorings of garlic, achote, saffron and other spices from Puerto Rico and other Caribbean countries. I would eat here every day if it was closer to my house.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

The guacamole & yuca fries were tasty. The chicken was a bit bland. I didn't really like the sangria.
Staff is very helpful, friendly and professional