“Many amenities!”

Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The shuttle is a great perk - got to and from my training at nearby state agency building faster than I could drive and park. The expanded hot breakfast was incredible! Biscuits/grave, scrambled eggs, waffles, French toast, fruit, granola, steel cut oatmeal....just to name a few! The only downside was the highway noise all night - other than that the room and bed were very comfortable. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lee F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is a great hotel in a great location! We so appreciated that you offered shuttle service to Xcel Energy Center as we were there for the Wild hockey game! Staff was very friendly and helpful! The continental breakfast was very good with lots of choices; and the friendly gentleman that greeted us and made sure we had what we needed was an added benefit!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Easy to get to and great staff. Hotel is older but nicely remodeled and clean. I did not use any of the amenities other than Wi-Fi. Food and service was good. Restaurant/Lounge is small but well maintained with good food and good prices. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

1  Thank kamerong134

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The lobby at the hotel was clean, and inviting. The staff was courteous, professional, and helpful. We had a problem with the TV remote, and our key-cards. The staff fixed the issues right away. Although they were minor issues, they treated them as important as any other. The rooms were clean, and tidy. I would definitely stay here again, and have already recommended this hotel to other friends and coworkers.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed here for business last week. The hotel is nice and clean. Everything seemed updated and in good working order. My room was 76 degrees upon check in- I didn't think much about it and turned the temp down to 65 and went to bed. When I woke in the middle of the night, I was surprised to find my room was still 76 degrees. The front desk advised me that "we are an old hotel and we do not have air conditioning. If you'd like, you can open the window or I can bring you some fans." The window only opens about 3" and doesn't have a screen. How do you do a complete remodel and not add a/c units? What is it like in the summer??

Also, the compressor on the ice maker just outside my door squealed every time it kicked in. I tried to give it a shake/bump but it wouldn't stop. The hotel was full for the conference so changing rooms wasn't an option.

I would not stay here again, only for this reason, I prefer it to be cool when I sleep. Not much point in staying somewhere if you can't get a restful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Keep away from the ice makers