All reviews shuttle service room was clean free shuttle capitol building close to downtown front desk staff pool and hot tub the staff was friendly and helpful bar restaurant xcel energy center great place to stay hot breakfast very nice hotel nice stay downtown st upon check twin cities
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is a great hotel in a great location! We so appreciated that you offered shuttle service to Xcel Energy Center as we were there for the Wild hockey game! Staff was very friendly and helpful! The continental breakfast was very good with lots of choices; and the friendly gentleman that greeted us and made sure we had what we needed was an added benefit!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lee F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us a review!
We hope to see you again soon here in St Paul:)
Have a great week and thank you again!
GM

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Easy to get to and great staff. Hotel is older but nicely remodeled and clean. I did not use any of the amenities other than Wi-Fi. Food and service was good. Restaurant/Lounge is small but well maintained with good food and good prices. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

1  Thank kamerong134

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us a review!
We hope to see you again soon here in St Paul:)
Have a great week and thank you again!
GM

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The lobby at the hotel was clean, and inviting. The staff was courteous, professional, and helpful. We had a problem with the TV remote, and our key-cards. The staff fixed the issues right away. Although they were minor issues, they treated them as important as any other. The rooms were clean, and tidy. I would definitely stay here again, and have already recommended this hotel to other friends and coworkers.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed here for business last week. The hotel is nice and clean. Everything seemed updated and in good working order. My room was 76 degrees upon check in- I didn't think much about it and turned the temp down to 65 and went to bed. When I woke in the middle of the night, I was surprised to find my room was still 76 degrees. The front desk advised me that "we are an old hotel and we do not have air conditioning. If you'd like, you can open the window or I can bring you some fans." The window only opens about 3" and doesn't have a screen. How do you do a complete remodel and not add a/c units? What is it like in the summer??

Also, the compressor on the ice maker just outside my door squealed every time it kicked in. I tried to give it a shake/bump but it wouldn't stop. The hotel was full for the conference so changing rooms wasn't an option.

I would not stay here again, only for this reason, I prefer it to be cool when I sleep. Not much point in staying somewhere if you can't get a restful nights sleep.

Room tip: Keep away from the ice makers
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Check in was fast, very helpful and acknowledged as soon as you walk in the door.
Took a shuttle to Xcel...Alex was amazing! So nice and took us right to our restaurant of choice. PIck up was a little slow after concert but it was still nice to have this service. Beds were most comfortable, the room was a little on the warm side even after turning AC down. Breakfast was a great perk the next morning, beef hash and red potatoes were the best. Only one complaint...the signs outside the parking gates need to say press 5# AFTER you enter or take your ticket.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Lee F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in St Paul!
We look forward to seeing you again next time your in our area. Your feedback is helpful to us as we grow and train our staff.