“Twin Cities Marathon”

Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights recenty with my wife and two 6-year old daughters. We were in the area for me to run the Twin Cities Marathon on Sun., Oct. 1st.

As far as the location, I would highly recommend it to any future runners looking for a place to stay directly next to the finish line. My wife and daughters were able to walk out the front door of the hotel and almost literally be right at the finish line of the marathon to see me finish the race.

I thought the value as far as price paid for what you get was great as well. In other words, the price was very reasonable for such a great location next to the finish line as well as the quality of the hotel.

Also, we thought the quality of the hotel was great. Everything seemed clean. Check in and check out was very easy. Computers in the lobby with easy printing for boarding passes. Restaurant near the lobby, which I did not personally eat at, but my wife and daughters at breakfast there while I ran the race and only had positive things to say. Parking was easy. The beds in the room were extremely comfortable. I could go on.

Lastly, we took the shuttle to and from the hotel on Saturday to go to the RiverCentre for packet pickup and expo for my race. We had a great experience with that. The shuttle runs on demand. The driver immediately took us and dropped us on when we notified them we wanted a ride, and immediately came and picked us up when we were finished and called back to the hotel to let them know we were ready for pick up.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, particularly if you are going to the area to run the Twin Cities Marathon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 308. Rooms on this side of the hotel face the freeway but also have a stunning vie...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lee F, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us here in St Paul! We hope to see you again soon.
Next year we plan to do even more to celebrate the Marathon.
It was a great event and fun for us to see the focus and determination that so many of the runners have.
Thank you again for the remarks and valued feedback!
Hotel
GM

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Everything was clean and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The shower head was tall enough that I didn't have to contort to wash my hair. The hot breakfast was delicious.
But above everything else, the staff is what stands out in my mind. The front desk clerks, the shuttle driver- everyone was friendly. Even the housekeeper that I passed in the hall smiled and said "good morning."
I have to call out the breakfast staff, in particular. I'd had a late night out and tried to sneak in at the tail end of breakfast, expecting to get a very quick meal before they shut everything down. What I found was not what I expected. I had time to sit down and didn't feel rushed at all. The food was still hot and the eggs were not dried out. Josh asked a few times if he could get me anything else or if I needed more coffee. He and Yolanda really made it a pleasant morning, even with my hangover.
The hotel was also very easy to get to, for those of us who don't drive in the city very often. That's part of why I chose it.
I would recommend this place without hesitation.
If I had to find something to complain about... the bathroom in the room was beautiful, but the counter was small. That made it a little challenging to get ready for the night out. And the wardrobe in the room was a little musty- not dirty by any means, but it had a strong scent just from being closed up and unused so I didn't want to hang my clothes in it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Lee F, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for the feedback and staying with us here in St Paul. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in the area.
Have a great week!
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
952-373-1567

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Staff was attentive to my inquiries. Breakfast staff was especially attentive and sociable. Food served for breakfast wa quite good for a buffet - great selection. Got an extended checkout time with helped with my travel arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the comments and choosing to stay with the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge. I look forward to having you back to see us again soon!
Have a great week and safe travels if your out and about:)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I was a late arrival. Greeted immediately by friendly staff. Hastle free stay. I enjoyed there spa (hot tub). Pool area clean and nice. This was my first stay at this best western plus. The breakfast buffet was hidden behind the bar. For those who dont know.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I like your comment about the breakfast location. Ill look into a sign that will direct guest to its location. We had some new folks in this morning that had that look of (where is the buffet?)
Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was very impressed with the great staff and the hotel was spotless. Very good food there as well. Breakfast was great. The rooms were very nice, having a fridge, microwave & coffee makers. They had a great menu as well to choose from if you dined there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business