All reviewsshuttle serviceroom was cleancapitol buildingfree shuttleroad noiseclose to downtowngreat place to stayfront desk staffxcel energy centerhot breakfasthot tubvery nice hoteloatmealnice staydowntown sttwin citiesfree breakfast
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Everything was clean and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The shower head was tall enough that I didn't have to contort to wash my hair. The hot breakfast was delicious.
But above everything else, the staff is what stands out in my mind. The front desk clerks, the shuttle driver- everyone was friendly. Even the housekeeper that I passed in the hall smiled and said "good morning."
I have to call out the breakfast staff, in particular. I'd had a late night out and tried to sneak in at the tail end of breakfast, expecting to get a very quick meal before they shut everything down. What I found was not what I expected. I had time to sit down and didn't feel rushed at all. The food was still hot and the eggs were not dried out. Josh asked a few times if he could get me anything else or if I needed more coffee. He and Yolanda really made it a pleasant morning, even with my hangover.
The hotel was also very easy to get to, for those of us who don't drive in the city very often. That's part of why I chose it.
I would recommend this place without hesitation.
If I had to find something to complain about... the bathroom in the room was beautiful, but the counter was small. That made it a little challenging to get ready for the night out. And the wardrobe in the room was a little musty- not dirty by any means, but it had a strong scent just from being closed up and unused so I didn't want to hang my clothes in it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Lee F, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for the feedback and staying with us here in St Paul. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in the area.
Have a great week!
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
952-373-1567

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Staff was attentive to my inquiries. Breakfast staff was especially attentive and sociable. Food served for breakfast wa quite good for a buffet - great selection. Got an extended checkout time with helped with my travel arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lee F, Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for the comments and choosing to stay with the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge. I look forward to having you back to see us again soon!
Have a great week and safe travels if your out and about:)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I was a late arrival. Greeted immediately by friendly staff. Hastle free stay. I enjoyed there spa (hot tub). Pool area clean and nice. This was my first stay at this best western plus. The breakfast buffet was hidden behind the bar. For those who dont know.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I like your comment about the breakfast location. Ill look into a sign that will direct guest to its location. We had some new folks in this morning that had that look of (where is the buffet?)
Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was very impressed with the great staff and the hotel was spotless. Very good food there as well. Breakfast was great. The rooms were very nice, having a fridge, microwave & coffee makers. They had a great menu as well to choose from if you dined there.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The hotel is clean, with very friendly staff. Good location near the state capitol building, St. Paul's Cathedral, and downtown St. Paul. Do not eat at the onsite pub: there are far better options within easy walking distance, but the hotel is nice. Breakfast was the usual hotel buffet, which I find unpalatable. Why don't they just cook everything to order, fresh? It can't cost that much more than the horrible buffet they put out now.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lee F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in St Paul!
We look forward to seeing you again next time your in our area. Your feedback is helpful to us as we grow and train our staff.