“Excellent Italian Food”
Review of Mucci's Italian

Mucci's Italian
Ranked #69 of 985 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Mucci's Italian is a lovely restaurant that serves lovingly prepared Italian food. Our group shared a number of dishes including the Brussel Sprouts (yummy), Camilla pizza (so delicious), Tagliatelle (tasty), Mushroom Agnolotti (creamy deliciousness), and the Mucci's lasagna (best ever!). Everything is of very high quality. Staff is gracious and attentive. Our group returned for donuts on a Saturday morning - wonderful and unusual varieties of donuts were offered - my favorite (which I initially declined to eat) was a chocolate covered white cream donut with fried salami on top. Mucci's is a standout!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Terrific service!!!! Fun atmosphere, but quite loud. Chefs special sounded amazing. Spaghetti with meatballs was okay.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We met my brother and his wife at Mucci's on a cold snowy Tuesday night. We had heard you need to be there at 5pm to get a table, so we were there at 4:55pm. Despite nasty weather there was a small crowd standing outside waiting for the door to open. It is a small building with limited seating and fills quickly!
The menu is relatively short, but there is something for everyone including pizza. We had the garlic bread appetizer and it was served hot and tasty. I ordered the home made pasta with pancetta and it was awesome!
She ordered the pasta with artichoke which was good, but in our opinion my choice was better.
In all we had 2 glasses of wine, garlic bread appetizer, and two pasta dishes for $50. And it was all really good, and served with a smile. Our waitress was super friendly as was the hostess. So refreshing to be welcomed on the way in and thanked on the way out. Well done!!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Mucci's is a TINY place in the middle of a residential area in St. Paul. They don't take reservations and the rumor has it you can wait over an hour easily on the weekends if you want to eat in. So I went with friends on a Thursday and we got there when they opened at 5:00. By 5:30 people were waiting for a table.

The food is, simply put, wonderful. While the menu is short, it is loaded with tasty options. The chopped salad is fresh, made to order and a small one can easily be shared. We also shared the roasted Brussels Sprouts and they were amazing. I'm a fan, but I've never thought to toss them, lightly, in a Caesar dressing and top them with toasted locatelli. New taste experience that I'm going to try at home.

Dinner portions are huge, so go hungry. One of my friends tried the Fiona pizza - garlic butter, creme fraiche, mozzarella, green apples, pancetta and arugula. It was a veritable salad on a homemade pizza crust. My other friend had the lasagna. Made with homemade lasgana noodles, this is traditional lasagna, including the bechamel, red sauce and generous helpings of meat. I had the chicken parm, and while that's not very adventurous, I'm so glad I did. A generous portion of perfectly cooked chicken breast that was moist and juicy, with a crust that had some flavor to it - all on top of their homemade spaghetti and tasty red sauce (not spicy, but flavorful).

They have a short list of wines, but their servers are knowledgeable and know them well enough to help you pair them. And they have Peroni on tap, so I was a happy camper.

Now to dessert. I'm a HUGE fan of tiramisu, though I am almost always disappointed. There used to be a place here in Minneapolis called Linguini & Bob's (long since closed) that was my standard against which all other tiramisus were judged, and they have all come up lacking. Until now. I now have a new standard. This is some of the tastiest tiramisu I've had, so if you have room, order it.

So I'll be going back. In fact, I've ordered take out a couple of times and just huddled at home and enjoyed it almost as much. So if you want good old fashioned comfort food, Italian style, check out Mucci's.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Simply the Best restaurant in Saint Paul & Minneapolis and the Best Service.
From the hostess, to the food, to our server Det, all was Excellent!
Simple no reservations, spot on food and great service.