“I keep going back”

Kohinoor Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 177 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I always like the food here. Lamb balti, naan, and mango lassi are my standby. I like trying different things too. I’ve never had to wait for a table in the dozen times I’ve been there. The speed of service can vary. There’s outside seating too.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Casual dining, nice downtown atmosphere. We had 5 in our group. I enjoyed 2 kinds of naan bread, and a wonderful chicken dish. came with rice, very tasty. Several had shrimp, that was delicious too. I got a sample from a friend. Go - share something new, my bet is it's. ALL GOOD!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My family (including kids age 4 and up) loves both Kohinoor and Star of India. I recommend the following: Bhajia or vegetable pakora (depending on which restaurant you’re at); the paneer pakora is a good app too, but I like the other better. The mint chutney and tamarind sauces that come with them are amazing. I also recommend garlic naan for on the side. For main courses, the chicken karara Balti is a must, but if you have a bigger group, I’d also get the chicken tikka masala. I am mostly vegetarian so I just eat a piece or two of chicken because it’s not fatty or gross and then use the sauces over my rice and then scoop it up with the naan (my family eats the chicken). Give it a shot if you haven’t tried Indian food. It took a time or two to really grow on me, but I crave it now. I also recommend their Monday lunch special, in particular, because you get Chicken Masala, Rice, Vegetable Pakora, a salad, and naan for around $10 (or a little under if you have a coupon). I’ve had the Flatbread (under starters) for lunch too and that is very good and I hear amazing things about the chicken lemon soup as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I came upon the Kohinoor restaurant one night while looking for dinner. We had originally wanted dinner at the White Horse but the wait time was simply too long. After walking a block we saw a sign for a bar and restaurant, what more could be have asked for? The service was a bit slow so I grabbed a couple of menus and found out this was an Indian restaurant. The problem with this was the person I was having dinner with does not like Indian food. We were told there were other options like fish and chips and hamburgers. I did see the fish and chips on the menu but never did see a hamburger. I ended up ordering chicken tacos which were actually pretty good. My business partner ended up ordering some appetizer sampler... he was not impressed and neither was I for the portion size and price. Moral of this story, not a restaurant for you if you don’t like or won’t try Indian food.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Now St Cloud residents have two choices if they want Indian food. Kohinoor offers decent quality food with all the trimmings. I went with two friends and had a chance to try the grill for two, the Saag paneer and a mushroom curry, all of which were quite good. The saag had lots of cheese cubes and sufficient cream and the tandoori "grill" items were pretty good. The chicken was a tiny bit dry and there was a chicken curry that was bit more tomato-y than spiced, but otherwise the quality of the ingredients seemed very good and it was a nice meal. Next time I want to try a lamb dish. Alas no kulfi - there is pistachio ice cream - but it is regular ice cream. The Naan is quite good.

Date of visit: February 2018