“Big Portions, Fair Prices”
Review of Pappy's Place

Pappy's Place
Get food delivered
Ranked #67 of 308 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Felt like just a bar when we first walked in but then we went to seating area and it was fine. I had walleye fingers and my Son had the hangover burger. We both thought they tasted great! More than either of us could eat so we had the bonus of take out to take back to our room. Will definitely eat here again if ever back in Rochester.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

I was really aiming for another eatery that was closed so we ended up here but I’m so glad we did. The food is very fresh and tasty. The portions are humungous. You literally need one meal a day if you eat here. We had to wait for about 15 mins for our food but when it came, it was worth it. It couldn’t be any more fresh than it was. For the vegetarian with me, they swapped the protein and added sautéd mushrooms and lettuce and it was a substantial portion. The server was very attentive and checked defiantly if we needed anything. She recommended the chicken kebab served with pita, humus and a feta salad which was delicious. I’ve eaten the same meal at a popular restaurant and the portions there are half the size of these plates. Apart from a highly centralized location I don’t see any other reason for the difference. Pappy’s Place is off Highway 52 so not as great a location but what do I care? It’s a quaint darkly lit restaurant but the food is well worth the visit. I have to try some other dishes next time we go.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank sarchakra
Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

Ate here several times and have had a great experience each time. Friday night is fish fry we had never been there for it before but noticed the parking lot was full and wondered why. We ordered the fish special and were amazed. It is offered both battered which looked amazing, and broiled, which we ordered. Best fish we have ate in years.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

I love this place, it reminds me of the days of the neighborhood pubs. Lots of locals and a great food. The chef is on point seems the selection is great. Brandon the bartender is also worth the trip.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 18 October 2019

Pappy's has become our first stop when we arrive in Rochester to visit relatives. We're nuts about Walleyed Pike and Pappy's does a great job. The salad bar and full service bar makes our meal complete. We stay just a few blocks from the restaurant so it's a short trip for a very good Pike meal. The wait staff are attentive and make you feel at home.

Date of visit: October 2019