“Good, but could be great”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #49 of 323 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Walked over from our hotel. A long day of travel behind us, snacks while driving, we were looking for a good meal to relax and fill us up. We ordered cocktails and appetizers. Drinks were great and spot on - they do a very good Long Island Iced Tea - and the apps were on point.
Dinner was another matter. An order of lasagne was lacking sauce. Shrimp Alfredo needed additional sauce. I had ordered the endless soup and salad. After eating a salad, I requested another. Instead they brought me a bowl of Pasta Fagioli... when I asked about the salad, they asked if I’d like more soup. Sure. Never did receive either. I guess there is an end to Endless...
In their defense, there was an incredibly loud and large church group in there that was very demanding.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

They did a super job for us. We had a group of two tables of 10 each, and they allowed me to call ahead and get it set up for us. Perfect! They were great to work with over the phone.
And they followed that up with great attentive service for our large groups. Super!
And the food was excellent, from the endless salad and breadsticks to the varied italian dishes (I specifically had the tour of Italy-yum!), and the cheesecake desert!

It was a great gathering place and dinner for our group. Thanks for accommodating our large group so well!

Thank you for making it wonderful!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a big crowd came early and ordered our meals 7 Adults and I child. One Adult did not get her meal till after everyone else got done eating I really think the kitchen messed this one up. Because we heard the waitress repeat the order back to us. The Steak and noodle dish was not very good I just ate my steak but back to the missing food. The waitress was gone for a while after she put down the plates when she finally came back I asked if my sister could have her meal? Oh sure I will check on that so off she went for what seemed like 30 minutes or more then the meal came out. But this time we were all done eating and my sister did not want to even eat. I asked for the manager and told her what had happened which she was aware of already. She said this meal will be covered for you no charge. I said this whole meal will be covered we came as a family , we are from out of town and this is our last meal together. We are all upset now and I am not paying I threw in that I was. Member of Trip Advisor and I was going to make a review on this. She said, of course, your meal will be covered and if you want a dessert that will be covered also. Now I have to say that is class on this managers part and I DO love Olive Garden I do not have one in my town so when I see one its my first choice. I was so glad she stood up for the customers.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I have gone here for take out three years in a row, when we come to Rochester. They always have the food hot and ready. The customer service for my ordering and pickup has been great each time. We get a dessert and silverware. No problems for me. Food tasted great each time. I will be back next year.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank flyfreeWi
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We arrived five minutes after the doors opened, so it's not like they were terribly busy yet. We were seated promptly but that's where the customer service ended. The table directly behind us, as well as the other three tables in our area, were being waited on and after waiting 15 minutes (much longer than we should have), decided to leave. On our way out, one of the three individuals standing at the entrance said "thanks for stopping in". I turned around and said "we waited for 15 minutes and no one came to our table." If she had thought about it, the restaurant had only been open 20 minutes - clearly not enough time for us to have had a meal. We left and went down the road to Famous Dave's and had a great meal with excellent service.

Date of visit: June 2018