All reviewsindoor parkingfull kitchenone bedroom suitefront deskmayo clinicunderground walkwaygas fireplaceliving areahealth issuesthe subway systemmethodist hospitaltwo blockswheel chairthe breakfast areabad weatherwill stay there againrooms are spacious
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter had surgery at Mayo so I needed a convenient place to go back and forth from. All the hotels in downtown Rochester are ridiculously expensive but this was at least not quite as bad.

The staff is great and very friendly. Anna at the front desk was consistently helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. She was able to direct me when I needed help and extend my stay when circumstance changed. Big shout out to her.

The room was very nice. Large space with full kitchen as you expect at residence inn. The hotel was quiet and the beds very comfortable. Plenty of space to store what I needed. Housekeeping kept it clean and well supplied.

Breakfast was included but it was not good. Items were frequently out and not restocked for awhile. What was there was relatively tasteless.

The tv reception was also problematic. Channels would frequently break up. HBO services were unavailable for 75% of my stay.

All in all it was a good stay. Just some minor annoyances that keep it from a 5 star rating.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The hotel is a little older, but done up so nice you hardly notice. The suites are very spacious: kitchen/living room combo attached to a bedroom/bathroom combo. TVs in both the living room and bedroom. Wifi included. Free snacks from 5 to 7 pm (not the greatest) but their breakfasts are very good and complete,. Try the fresh made cinnamon rolls. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Water temperature could use a boost as the showers were not the warmest. Indoor parking is $20 a day and is very convenient and attached to the office lobby. The prices are a bit steep. But so are all the other hotels in the vicinity. Tunnel access to the Mayo is a great perk. We asked for extra pillows when we booked and they were there ready for us. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher up you can see more.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I have stayed at this location on several occasions when visiting Mayo Clinic. The location is ideal and the service is top-notch. Steven Peterson definitely has instilled customer service into his employees and it is evident from housekeeping, breakfast, and front desk service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2018

the employees were very helpful and friendly. our desk clerk noticing my trouble with walking offered to bring the van to the front door helped us load the baggage. the people serving breakfast were helpful and cheerful. the accommodations were beyond expectations.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

People were all sweet! Warmly greeted by Crescent, a sweet lady, Arla and Lionel made the breakfast buffet real nice, restaurant quality-no powdered eggs here! Steven, the Director was professional, friendly, and very accommodating. We were here for 10 days for a Mayo visit/surgery and couldn't have been happier with our stay. Having the FULL kitchen was really nice. Dishwasher, full fridge, 2-burner stove coffee pot etc with a full complement of silverware, plates etc, plus pots pans. It was completely fitted out with quality items. Definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: The second floor has the exercise room and laundry. Breakfast is on main floor. We stayed on 3rd floor which was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple