“This is easily my favorite restaurant in Rochester”
Review of Opa Opa

Opa Opa
Ranked #80 of 308 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 9 June 2017

This place...oh my gosh. AMAZING food. It's fresh, so it's not like your getting old chips or anything like that while you wait. I actually live right by this place but just never made it in there. But the other day I finally did and I legitimately regret that I didn't eat here sooner. I just went with the simple gyro, and it was so good. You get to add the tzatziki sauce yourself, which I really appreciated. The chips/fries they serve with the food are so stinking good. I actually went there again the other day just for those. (which I am slightly ashamed of, since the gyros are just as good).

The cost is pretty comparable with a regular fast food restaurant, but the food is FRESH! For two people, it was under $20, which I thought was great.

Staff is nice and always friendly. I would highly recommend this place. The food is so good; easily one of the best places I have ever eaten.

1  Thank Kayla H

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We go there every time we visit Rochester. The Gyros are wonderful,lots of meat and flavor. Their lentil soup is also very good. I love their spinach rice, and greek salad. The chips and tanziki sauce are a nice touch too.

1  Thank Sallie S
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Unusual looking at drive by but great once you get in. Rectangular tables a bit small but friendly staff and great food. One star short of perfect due to new waitress who didn't sparkle.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I was sure the food would be delicious based on everyone else's reviews. Unfortunately OPA OPA gave our delivery driver the wrong food so we were missing 3 of 4 of the things we ordered. When I called them to let them know, the manager claimed the delivery service had sent them the wrong order and they had never seen an order with the food we had selected. He graciously offered to make up an order of the food we wanted and to let us come pick it up AND pay for it again. So I called the delivery service. They were able to confirm that they had sent the correct order to the restaurant and offered to refund us or have the correct order redelivered. We were hungry so we asked for redelivery. The manager called me back and suddenly was upset about the mixup and let me know that the food would be redelivered.

Second time around, the order was STILL wrong.

Don't get me wrong, the food we got was delicious. However, the attitude of the manager was unreal and unnecessary. I would hate to be in restaurant with a complaint.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Other than at the fair I had never had Greek Food. Our server was amazing, and brought us out a sample of the gyro meat to try. I got a Gyro meal with spinach rice, it was amazing!! So delicious!! Our waiter was so nice, and wonderfully on top of things. I did get a lemonade to drink and did not care for it, it has an odd after taste but other than that I was very pleased with this place. Also it was very clean even the bathrooms, which is always a plus!!

Been to Opa Opa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK