“Disappointing Return”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came back to Rochester for a Retirement/Birthday party for an old friend. Venturing out of the airport terminal, we were greeted by a cold, snowy "spring" day. Since my friend hadn't eaten, we stopped in at the Ground Round for a quick bite. The door was open but no one to be found! So we left!
Two days later, I went back with my sister and brother-in-law and their group of friends for Happy Hour, and they were serving that day. Service was fine but I suggested they take the Turkey Sandwich off the menu. It was some sort of blend of turkey parts (and who knows what else). I'm not one to complain, but this was not a pleasant experience.
I must mention that on previous visits and under different owners, they did have a reasonable quality menu. This place has some work to do to maintain a customer base.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Service was good, but were very disappointed in the quality of food. No taste to the French Onion Soup. It was like eating brown water. It was only lukewarm. Not worth the taste or price at $6.50 a crock. Had a French Dip sandwich that only had two pieces of tough deli style meat. If it weren’t for the au jus to soften up the sandwich, I think I may have lost a tooth trying to chew it. Place was not busy and the kitchen was real slow. The menu has a little of everything and is overpriced. Two sandwiches, two soft drinks and two French Onion Soup orders and our bill was $47. So many better options out there. Don’t think we will be coming back.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Food was not good and way overpriced. I had a club sandwich, a very simple sandwich but Ive had better. Not enough tomato and I mostly tasted mayo, it was $15. My Mom had the french onion soup, she said it wasnt as good as it used to be or maybe her taste buds were off. That was $6.50 for a cup. Dad had the chicken tenders which he loved. That was $15. Husband had the club burger which looked very dry and when I tasted it...I dont know what it tasted like...not a burger though. That was $15 for a 10oz. which did not look like a 10oz. I think my Husband might have had 10 fries on his plate, and the fries are just ok. Our waitress was very nice. I dont mind paying more for a good meal but this was disappointing.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife had apparently eaten at a Ground Round in Iowa at some point so she chose this restaurant as our place to grab some quick dinner and drinks before returning to our hotel "in" Rochester. We entered and were greeted by a friendly enough young woman who let us know it would be about a 5-10 minute wait. So we stepped back to wait while being able to see several tables that were open and appeared to be clean as well as almost half of the bar. The family that was waiting on the bench departed and we took their spot on the bench to wait. We were at approx 6-8 minute mark of our wait when a group of 4 came in and were told there was a wait, then were brought out and seated at the bar to be served while they waited. I marched over to what I took to be some sort of management and informed him of of their front end failures and was given a sorry and told "That (the bar) was always an option" and that was that. Ultimately we sought dinner and drinks elsewhere that evening on our weekend trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We've been to this restaraunt a few times in the last month and haven't been disappointed. We had a family gathering of 8 with ages from 4-58 and everyone had something that appealed to them. We had ribs, burgers, seafood, texmex, salad, and steaks and all were done well and everyone left happy. They also have a full bar, so adult beverages are also available along with various tv's spread arou d to watch if you so desire.