“Great atmosphere with live piano bar. ”
Review of Redwood Room

Redwood Room
Ranked #23 of 322 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rustic comfort food, craft beers, and rambunctious martinis amid a backdrop of live music every night! Gourmet Pasta, Pizza, and Live Jazz. A boisterous, bar atmosphere makes this downtown spot the place to go for fun. Culinary twists, rambunctious martinis, and a stylishly rustic atmosphere blend amid a backdrop of light jazz and acoustic music, all keeping the locals coming back for more. Voted Most Romantic Ambience __ years in a row!
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

While visiting Rochester I have enjoyed my visits to the Redwood Room primarily for the live piano bar and "Colorado Mountain" feel of the bar - small and quaint. I with family and friends have visited this place twice. It is convenient walking distance from the Kahler. They offer a full bar and dinner menu for adult fare. The best so far for me is the fresh bread and spinach salad. This would keep me ordering. We shared the risotto balls as an appetizer which is served over stewed tomatoes and artichokes parts - good as well. First night I had the risotto with tiger shrimp and corn. Nice combination but risotto sauce a tad to liquidy for my taste. Risotto was done. Second night I tried the chicken Basillini which was fried chicken breast over pasta. The noodles were dry and I saw no basillini Sauce to speak of. Based on these two orders I would choose something else on the menu. Service is friendly

1  Thank sarac346

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is my go to place to take my wife on date nights. The food and drink options are wonderful and the live music makes our experience very enjoyable. The staff are very helpful on suggestions on the menu. I highly recommend a house crafted cocktail..

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Great place for a relaxing night out. First and foremost, the food was impeccable and delicious. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The two man band provided just enough background to make the evening special. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Great food. Not too loud. Live entertainment with classical guitar by Dr Daniel D. We'll be back is was a great find.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Our waitress at Newt's recommended and after reading reviews on T/A , we decided to try
This is one of several restaurants owned by the same person.
The atmosphere was fun and the food was good and reasonably priced. I had the salmon which I thought was really good & my husband enjoyed his shrimp and andouille sausage Cajun dish. We split a reasonably priced bottle of wine.
Rudi was our server & she was delightful!
The night we were there a folk singer was the entertainment & we thoroughly enjoyed her. Next trip to Mayo will find us back here for dinner the first night...