All reviews a wonderful stay fresh fruit i highly recommend this hotel visit rochester pool and hot tub front desk staff motel walmart appointment comfort clinic
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We stayed here twice in August while visiting Rochester (second stay was because of how great the first stay was). The staff is super nice, they actually upgraded us the first stay, which was very much appreciated. They're renovating the hotel, so it's going to be even nicer. They had the usual hot breakfast bar in the morning.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

we stayed here for one night as we were passing through. the staff was very nice and friendly. there is a mall located across the road. there is a nice walking path along a man made lake adjacent to the hotel. the fitness center was great with the 2 treadmills for hubby and i.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

My husband was working in the area, so I chose this Comfort Inn to stay in. The rooms were large, clean and the mattresses were comfortable. They are in the process of updating the hotel, so the carpet in hallways and on the stairs were a little dusty from the painting they were doing in the hallway. The front desk staff were so friendly, even when we had to change our reservation a couple of times. I have found that if you treat people with kindness and respect you typically get the same treatment back. The breakfast was great and even a gluten free person like me had several choices. This hotel is near McDonald's and not far from other restaurants. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

What can you say good about this property. The answer is absolutely nothing. The customer service at night is ridiculous. Mind you, we had paid for three nights so we were stuck on an Easter weekend. We stayed Thursday night till Sunday morning. The first issue (which is a big deal), there was blood on the comforter and sheet of one bed. So I took the sheets off with my wife and took it down to customer service. The man who was on, a night auditor by the name of Mike was working and he was a complete waste of customer service skills. He looked at me as I'm holding bloody sheets and wants to know what to do. Well, first an apology would be nice, but it never happened. Maybe offering another room, but no. So I said, can I at least have new sheets, he goes and gets his gloves and finally takes the sheets from me. Thank you for making me hold these bloody sheets. Then he asks if I need all new sheets. Duh, what do you think, I brought down everything that had blood on it, so please don't give me a complete sheet set. Come on. He gives me new sheets, so guess who had to change the sheets, my wife and I. Just what I want to do at midnight after a four hour drive. The hotel is dated and says it's smoke free, but Saturday night the second floor smelt like pot and there was a guy in his room as we were walking in that was smoking between his door and balcony. I told the front desk customer service representative Britt, who was also just as useless at customer service as Mike. She told me, oh they can smoke on the balcony, which he wasn't on the balcony, he just had his door open, even though the entire hotel says it is smoke free (everywhere). The only reason I was taking to the front desk this time is because we could not access the side door with our key. Then we went to our room and both keys were deactivated for some reason. So, I walked back downstairs to get the cards reactivated, and Britt had the nerve to say, "that's probably why the door on the side didn't work." I don't need a comment from some bratty teen who is too busy reading her book. Just take the cards and deactivate them. This place really needs to staff better customer service representatives and they should be ashamed of themselves for their staff. I will never stay here again. Beds are hard, decor is dated and the staff is the reason I will never recommend this place nor return.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brett W, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Good day sir

I have read your review and would like to personally apologize for the experiences you encountered during your stay. We try to provide a clean and comfortable room and I am sorry we failed on this. I can understand how frustrating it can be to find dirty sheets and I can assure you that is not how we operate here. I also apologize for the problems you encountered with your room cards. I do believe you should have been offered an apology at each encounter with my staff.

I do wish to point out that at any time you could have asked to talk to me personally as I am always available for me guests. I feel that talking to me would have given you a quicker response. Upon further research I see you were adequately compensated for your stay.

We are working on improving our hotel and that includes staff as well. I am going to use this as a teaching tool.

Sincerely:

Brett P. Wood

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I thought I was booking a different hotel but the GPS brought us here (which I booked accidentally) What a pleasant surprise! Room was generous with 2 queen beds & hubby said he slept "really good on the mattress". Shower & toilet is separate from vanity so 1 can shower & 1 can brush teeth at same time. There was a microwave & fridge, plenty of "counter space", outlets & lighting. There was also a pool and whirlpool, free parking with plenty of space. Breakfast was the usually things: waffles, sausage/gravy, eggs, cereal, pastries, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee. There was a free shuttle to Mayo Clinic. Location is close to shopping, restaurants, gas station and freeway entrance. Very nice accommodations.

Date of stay: April 2017