“A MUST RETURN TO BAR-B-Q! Check out the Jo Jo's !”

John Hardy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #53 of 323 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 November 2018

Service great. Inexpensive for this good food. I LOVE THE SWEET POTATO NUGGETS WITH RANCH DIP. The PULLED PORK IS MY FAVORITE--Howard goes for the ribs. We tried the JO JO'S. DELICIOUS. A huge potato sliced 1/8 thick and and cooked but not like a potato chip. You try 'em and decide.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Based on good reviews, we thought we’d try this place. Crowded and noisy—thought that was a good sign. My dinner was thoroughly disappointing. My salad was iceberg mix straight out of a bag with one grape tomato and one soggy cucumber slice. Had that preservative smell from bagged salads, too. My baked potato was obviously reheated. I asked for chicken breast and got dark meat. Tasteless. BBQ sauce not good. Hubbie’s ribs were tough. Best thing was the sweet potato tots he ordered. One of the worst $30 meals ever.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Visited based on the reviews we read. Was not impressed! Both the pork and ribs had very little flavor if any. Ribs were also very tough. Beans were good as were the serving sizes. Could not recommend, makes Famous Dave's seem amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The establishment was clean. Our waitress was extremely friendly & attentive. The food was absolutely amazing. The portions were big & I forced myself to eat more than I should have because it was so delicious.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I liked the fact that the wings were not deep fried which makes them healthier. However, the taste of smoking was overwhelming. I could be because we ordered the sauces on the side. The sauces come in ketchup squeeze bottles on your table and you are able to use as much as you like. We thought the sauces tasted like ketchup with different spice levels. The bowl of bread you get at the beginning was soaked with butter and left your hands greasy. Some people like it that way, unfortunately my family does not. The chip fries were done perfectly and were delicious. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: July 2018