All reviews famous daves guest house pool area frog slide front desk affordable rates mayo clinic perkins restaurant continental breakfast zero entry waffles hot tub our room was spacious across the street special needs kids loved the pool extended stay
Reviewed 19 February 2016

We booked this hotel, sight unseen, through Hotwire. We got a great rate and when we found out what hotel we were given, we began looking at the reviews. Some of them were not very good and we were very wary about even staying. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk was wonderful. They are informative, kind, and willing to assist in any way possible. We asked for a room overlooking the creek and the room we got was a real surprise. The room was freshly painted, the carpet seemed new, the beds were comfortable, and the heat/air worked wonderfully. The bathroom is large enough to be comfortable, but not overly large. Large TV and good internet access. The furniture is a little worn, but not so much that it is a big turnoff. We went to the pool and if you want to hear yourself think or talk to someone else, avoid turning on the kiddy pool palm tree water feature--it is very loud. The shuttle to Mayo is quick and regular and the breakfast is as good as any other at the alternative hotels. We're staying at this hotel for our next Mayo visits also.

Date of stay: January 2016
3  Thank MNtravelbugs02
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor!

See you next time-

Lynn Budahn,

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Very inexpensive. We need a hotel as we were vendors in a trade show. The bottom line was important, this stay was not for enjoyment so booked on value. I was very please on arrival. Super clean, very professional staff and the location was close to everything we needed. Coffee shop & reasonable dining all with in walking distance. What a great place (kind of a hidden treasure). When you will not be spending hours at the hotel, this is the perfect spot.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle L
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the feedback.

Best Regards,

Lynn Budahn,

Reviewed 31 December 2015

For the past 3yrs the staff have been very helpful in meeting my needs in regards to my Mayo clinic appts. However on my last visit( Oct2015), I noticed a downturn in service.
I require a "pet-free" room, made a reservation with this request, and was assured at the front desk at check-in that it was indeed a "pet-free" room. My pulmonary function tests at the clinic reflected that is was NOT a pet-free room. Even the corridors had a definite dog odor, there was dog urine on the first floor landing, and dog feces outside the back door.
Additionally, after a long day at the clinic, we came back to our room to find it hadn't been made up.
A personal letter to Lynn Budahn( General Manager) regarding my complaints was not even acknowledged, so I'm taking my displeasure to this forum.
If you want to stay at a 'DOGHOUSE', the Guesthouse Inn in Rochester, Mn. is the place for you. I'll be staying somewhere else for my next visit to the Mayo clinic in March.
TOMMY
logrolefty@aol.com

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank leftytommy
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I'm not the kind of traveler who stays at a budget hotel and expects the Ritz. That being said, this hotel did not live up to my (budget) expectations.

The check-in staff sat around and talked to each other while watching us struggle with our luggage cart, no one offered any assistance.

The room wasn't cleaned properly and the bed wasn't particularly comfortable.

The one positive note was the pool area, which my toddler loved. But if you're staying in Rochester, do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank originalamb
Reviewed 10 November 2015

The hotel is not new or fancy. It's a mid-range hotel for a great price. The staff is courteous, helpful, and amiable.

Before our stay I saw pictures on here that scared me. Our chairs were not gross, the bathroom was spotless, no funky smells.

Pets are allowed, which is a definite plus.

The hotel is close to a bus stop, Daube's Bakery, and highway 52. The hotel offers a shuttle running to Mayo Clinic.

Date of stay: November 2015