“Always a great experience”
Review of City Cafe - CLOSED

City Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2012

As always, great food and fantastic service. I've been here dozens of times and have never had a bad meal or poor service. The fresh bread with parsley, garlic olive oil is amazing. We split a gorgonzola burger this time and I had a simple green salad with the house pepper parmesan dressing. Very tasty. The grouper with basil cream and maple chicken are also some of our favorites. And one of the best bartenders in town; try the maple manhattan.

2  Thank Tony D

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is one of Rochester's best restaurants, particularly if you enjoy fresh well prepared fish.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This a downtown Rochester cafe offering a delightful menu, good fast service at a reasonable cost. A great spot for lunch or a quick evening meal.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Excellent food. I love the atmosphere Beautiful woodwork. A little on the high end for price, but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My friend & I arrived early for my first treatment and decided to have a sit-down lunch very close by -- we had 40 minutes. I ordered a sandwhich/soup combo and she a Philly (French dip, add peppers and onions). I don't know what happened, but THREE other tables arrived after ours AND received their food and we still hadn't received ours. Now, it was only about 20 minutes before my appointment. When we told the server that we needed to leave, need our food, about five minutes later he plopped (seriously -- PLOP!) down two take-out boxes and the check. We hastily ate from the take out boxes (seriously, no plates?) and then waited and waited for him to run my card. Interestingly, he left a "room charge" slip -- how tempting to just sign for a fake room and leave -- but that's not who I am. FINALLY, our sit-down lunch ruined and rushed into about 12 minutes of hastily consumed food, we could leave. My friend's fries were cold. My soup was nice and hot, but my sandwhich had been sitting for quite awhile as attested by the hardness of the bread, and the chicken salad (their "famous chicken salad") was not my favorite. Overall, the experience is NOT one I would recommend. Additionally, there seemed to be only one sever on duty and he was "drowning" -- needed help and I did not see anyone running food, greeting table to start with beverage orders, etc... Finally, the prices were VERY high. My soup/sammy combo was over NINE dollars. That's ridiculous.