“A hidden gem”

Mimosa
Ranked #100 of 143 Restaurants in Richfield
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

A nondescript but well though out restaurant tucked away in the back of G gate in MSP is redefining what you can order in an airport. Seared Fois? Check. Bi-coastal oyster selection? Check. It's set around iPads and easy credit card options like any other modern airport landing pad. Most importantly, on top of that, they deliver.

A knowledgeable and helpful staff who all knew the food and made solid recommendations. They also struck me as a group that worked as a team - each had told the other what I needed.

A legit Manhattan with at least seven whiskies to choose from on the menu/iPad. A very reputable wine list where I may have made the only mistake of the meal - the 2013 Annabelle Pinot isn't ready for prime time.

The baguette was freshly baked and delicious in a way that many restaurants should take notice. A lightly cooked asparagus salad in a bright bacon lemon dressing with caramelized bacons was the perfect match for the Manhattan.

The main course was a stuffed quail that really shows the abilities of the kitchen. Crispy skin, moist dark meat and a deep pan sauce with bright microgreens on "celeriac" purée made for a great entre'.

Go big or go home, I finished with a tremendous sidecar and the flourless chocolate cake with berries, both well above average and light years beyond to-order food in most airport settings. (Even Denver, Elway be concerned)

The ordering system may have mystified me but the food was a refreshing towards a brighter future where travel doesn't have to be a chore. Thanks for a great meal!

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I get technology..... But 100% self order with credit card only? Three customers with cash were turned away while I had a glass of wine? Two older people just could not work through the tablet order software and left ?

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I guess I'm an idiot because I didn't "get" the whole-order -on -the -iPad gimmick. I tried to order the Salade Nicoise. When I asked if they could extra sear the raw looking tuna I was told "No, we won't do that." "Really?" I incredulously responded, to no avail. They would not prepare it less raw. I asked for ice water and it took a very long time to arrive. I did order (less expensive item) grilled asparagus with added chicken. It was OK but certainly not worth the price. No one ever came to ask if I was satisfied with my choice and because I didn't disclose my email address I had to wait and wait for my receipt.
Yes, it is convenient to gates in G Concourse but they need to lose the surly attitude. I won't return.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We had the pleasure of dining twice at Mimosa and we had good food and service was excellent. The prices were also reasonable and the charging station for our devices either via USD or electrical socket outlets were very very convenient. We would definitely patronise the restaurant if we are ever in the vicinity again.
Ordering was via ipad and a breeze as was payment.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I placed my order on their iPad and waited... And waited and waited. Table around me that ordered after me received beverages and then food. I asked for water at the 10 minute mark and the brought it. 20 minutes after ordering, my food came out. They forgot my coffee, and when I asked about it, they asked if I was sure I ordered coffee. I showed my receipt (good thing I picked the 'email me' option). Mildly insulting. Towards the end of the meal, my coffee and water glass sat empty. No one seemed to notice or care. ...and just because I was so unimpressed, I will add that the 'tricolor breakfast potatoes' were disappointingly monochromatic.