“Restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Awesome brunch, and fish fry. Great Bloody Mary. We have gone there several times after church. Love the plac!!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Mark Tinucci and family and staff have a way of greeting one at the front door that is much like a
welcome home." The service is terrific, the drinks are ample, and the buffet overflows with so many salads that it is hard to get to the entrees. The ribs were a bit tough the last time I was there, but the chicken is always world-class and the fish and shrimp are delicious. I cannot wait for next time --nor can my wife. Dick R.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Went here last Sunday (1/15/17) for brunch with our family. We arrived a bit after 12 and were greeted nicely. They had a nice table for the 7 of us. We sat down to a small glass of OJ and water, and were offered drinks (several had coffee - my kids had lemonade). Then we went to get food. The salad bar is full of options to build your own salad (on iceberg lettuce) OR to have pre-made salads of every type - potato salad, wild rice salad, mushroom salad, etc. There is jello, there is pudding- and bread rolls. I so appreciated the fresh melon, pineapple and grapes! all were fresh and sweet!
Then, for the hot food there was a lot of good meat - carved beef (extremely good), fried chicken, BBQ ribs (full of meat that fell off the bones), ring balogna and batter-fried cod. Some really liked the penne alfredo. The hashbrowns were baked with ?cream cheese and not crispy, so not to my liking. There were scrambled eggs with cheese and eggs benedict (we raved at this). At the dessert table there were bisquits and gravy - flakey bisquits, nice sauce and spicy bits of sausage. We were pretty full before dessert, but we each tried some things -- triple layer chocolate cake, cheese cake with chocolate sauce, pumpkin cheesecake, and truffles (lemon and chocolate). The desserts were REALLY good and it was wonderful how flavorful they were without being too rich or heavy. This place is "the old fashioned" supper club in décor, but with homemade good food. It's not cheap at $17.50 per adult (less for 8-12 and still less for under 8), but it is solidly good quality, with good service. Another really nice thing was that we could all hear each other as we talked, even with the room full of people. So glad to know of this option in the Twin Cities area!

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Something that's been bugging me! I grew up in Newport and have eaten at Tinucci's Deli many times but have not been there since my last visit a couple months ago! It was actually something that happened to another customer while we were there! We ordered our food and were sitting in the deli section eating- there was an older couple sitting at a table near us! The older man and his wife had ordered their dinners at the counter where people order and pick up their orders to go(not knowing that they should have ordered at the deli counter!(Honest mistake) So as they are sitting at the table eating their dinners- a waitress comes out with two plates of food and the guy working the deli section(one of the Tinucci's- don't know his name- taller one) VERY LOUDLY tells this man that if he wants to eat in the deli- he needs to order his food from the deli counter not where he ordered from because now they have two extra dinners for nobody! Instead of doing it quietly and explaining it to him once- he repeated it over and over and went on and on and to this poor man! We were so embarrassed for this poor man and his wife and it was very stressful for EVERYONE eating there! The way this guy talked to this couple plus the way he talks down to his employees every time we go there(young people working in the deli for him BUT treat them with respect- he was their age at one time) has turned us against eating there anymore because it's not relaxing there anymore- it's actually very loud with him and stressful! It's really too bad because they have good fish dinners! I just wish I would have spoke up at the time for this poor couple- they were so embarrassed!

3  Thank Laurierck
Reviewed 29 October 2016

When I go to the US my first Sunday there I make sure I visit this place.
The service is great staff and owners very friendly, very welcoming.
Food is great fantastic selection from the salad bar as well !
After having brunch I don't usually feel hungry for the rest of the day.
Plenty of parking available.
Well worth paying a visit