“Feels like home at Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I were in Blaine MN Saturday night for a wedding. We checked into the Homewood Suites here in New Brighton around 11:30 PM. As soon as we walked in the front door the Night Auditor, I believe her name is Danielle, we were greeted with a beautiful professional smile. She was so kind and welcomed up. She quoted all the amenities, explained the best way to get to our room and where to park. As someone who works in hotels at night it's awesome to be greeted the way we were greeted by her. Give her a gift card or at least a pat on the back for her awesome customer service. You guys are lucky to have such a dedicated wonderful employee like her. Our room was gorgeous. This is the first time I ever stayed in a Homewood Suites so I wasn't sure if every room had a full kitchen with the stove, big fridge, pots and pans, silverware, microwave, the whole nine yards. The sleeping area was separated by the living room area with another TV so if someone was sleeping they weren't disturbed by the TV. Beds were so comfortable. The pillows were awesome. It felt like I was sleeping on a nice fluffy cloud. Bathroom was nice and clean. Only thing was the toilet seat wouldn't stay up, no big deal though. Love that there is a ceiling fan in the room as I can't stand sleeping in complete and utter silence. So having the fan noise soothed me to sleep. Breakfast in the morning was so good, lots to choose from both morning we were there. The breakfast attendants were so nice and so kind. Love the amount of space there was to sit and enjoy breakfast while watching the TV. Ok so my only complaint that I had was the hot tub. We sat in the hot tub and noticed the foam had yellow streaks in it and noticed there was lots of black hairs floating around. The pool was great, water temp was perfect. Manager at the front desk in the morning was so nice and so kind and very professional. Definitely loved our stay and if we ever come back in that area the Homewood Suites will be our first pick.

Room Tip: Quiet corner rooms are the best. They are close to elevators and stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Passable Mexican food in large quantities. Acapulco salad had many ingredients and the burritos were covered in creamy goo. Service was so-so. Complimentary warm nachos with sauce is a welcoming touch.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

On the surface, this particular Homewood Suites meets the expectations that I have for Hilton brands. However, certain aspects at this hotel made my stay memorable and likely want to stay here again. I think housekeeping is doing a great job keeping both the rooms and common areas clean. Bed comfort, lack of outside noise and well functioning climate control made for a very restful nights sleep. Breakfast was better than expected and very delicious.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a wonderful place to stay if you need a little more space or have a longer stay. The room was clean and well cared for. The breakfast options were very good with enough variety to fit anyone's needs.

The staff was very welcoming and so helpful. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I like the Homewood Suites concept........400 sq ft room with room for different activities with a little kitchen. Enough space to work, enough room to relax. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

The Homewood Suites in Brighton was the standard product; spacious, functional room, free breakfast, evening "reception". No deviations from the standard although ice was available from a machine on the floor and not in the room's freezer..

When I checked in I asked for a room not facing the interstate and was offered the choice of available rooms which I thought was a nice touch.,,and I got the perfect room for my preferences.

Breakfast was standard fare, but the waffle irons actually made crisp waffles. There were four hot options, in addition to the waffles, that varied every day I was there. I only grabbed a glass of wine at the reception one night so I cannot comment.

The fly in the ointment.......after the first night housekeeping did not refresh my room. I called the front desk and the problem was remedied. The next night I brought a glass of wine back to the room from the reception and housekeeping did not take away the used glass ....... if they are looking for it I put it in the dishwasher and washed it myself before I checked out.

If you like this hotel concept you won't be disappointed if they correct the housekeeping problems.

Room Tip: Even room numbers are not exposed to interstate noise
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
6.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roseville, MN
6 km away
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Roseville

Been to Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK