“Great Venezuelan fast food”
Review of Arepa Bite

Arepa Bite
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Mounds View
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We thought this would be great - my telephone call was answered by a non-English speaker. We got there to find a spanking clean, maybe new, fast food restaurant. The menu was simple - Arepa's with various filling combinations. Some sides and Empanadas.

Arepa's are a soft dough pocket with fillings. And let me tell you, it was substantial and good. It came with a side of yucca fries, though I changed mine to fried plantains. Delicious.

The only advice I would offer - the delicious garlic sauce came in very small containers - would have been nice to have more.

We finished off with a shared piece of Tres Leches cake. Also very good, not too sweet.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I didn't know this would be Venezuelan until I went in (there's no drive through), but I was so happy after trying it. First, they use corn flour for everything, so unlike Taco Bell next door, it is all GLUTEN FREE. Second, those breads are fresh and fluffy, like a gordita. The sides were excellent and the fillings for the sandwiches flavorful (though slightly less appealing because they're served from the front, where you can see them just sitting there rather unglamorously in stainless steel). My 14 y.o. loved them. I would never choose the next-door Taco Bell over this. Long may they do business here.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Stopped inf or lunch and what a surprise the wafting fragrances were abounding. Ordered up the #6 Sifrina with all the trimmings $ 6.70 and the #3 Reina Pepoiada with all the trimmings $ 6.70. They came with the most delicious sauce, small cup bet ever so delicious. Never enjoyed Venezuelan food and this is the DELICIOUS!!! Should put thi son your bucket list of things to do.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This was close to my hotel and sounded interesting so I stopped in for lunch during a business trip. I was caught off guard by how amazing the food was. I had never had Venezuelan food before so I was a little confused by the menu when I walked in. They must encounter that a lot because they were quick to notice and help clarify items. I had the LLanera, which is large chunks of extremely tender beef tucked into a pita like bread with avocados and cheese. The flavor was outstanding. I also ordered the fried Yuca with the most amazing dips that came with. The green creamy dip I wish I would have gone back for to buy some for home because I would have used it on everything. The other was a pesto like salsa that had more flavor packed into that little cup then I had the whole trip! I left wondering why we don't eat friend Yuca all of the time instead of french fries. It's been several weeks and I still think about that restaurant every time I wonder what to make or eat for supper. My daughter and I are planning another trip to the cities soon, primarily to go here. That's pretty telling as I am not a big fan of travel.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

First thing I noticed was the great aroma once I entered. Second, how clean was. Third, lot's of people coming and going, had to wait in line, but it was not bad. Never had Venezuelan food, so the staff helped me pick out something. Got the Chicken Avocado Salad Arepa and a side of Yuca , but the menu had many options. I spent $9.00... but the Arepa was so large I had enough for dinner. No kidding. O'yea it tasted great. I live only a couple of miles away... They will see me again... What to try next?