Chatterbox Pub Linden Hills - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Great food but service is in decline

Reviewed 10 September 2013
Juliet6269
Hanover, Minnesota
We had fun

Reviewed 8 April 2013
Patrovski
Minneapolis, Minnesota

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I told a friend how great this place was so he brought his girlfriend here, unfortunately his waiter forgot to put in their order. After 30 minutes they asked the waiter about it and he quickly put it in for them, after another 25 minutes they asked again and he told them it had been dropped in the kitchen and they were making it again. Since they had been there for almost an hour without food they decided to get their tab and leave. I figured it was just a one time thing until we went there for dinner and experienced the horrible service ourselves. We love the food here it is great but the service really went downhill.

It was a Monday night so it wasn't busy at all.. Our waiter took our drink and appetizer order, our appetizer came out but still no drinks or plates. Awhile later he came back to ask how we were doing and we had to ask for our drinks again. We ordered a custom pizza (4toppings) which came out with the wrong ingredients and some were missing. We also ordered a sandwich with their special seasoned sour cream (which cost extra) that we didn't recieve. Mean while we witnessed a couple sit down and eventually walk out because they didn't get any service. We would have ordered another round of drinks had our waiter been around to ask us.

Honestly, after reading many reviews on the Internet I'm surprised nothing is done to whip this place into shape considering we did not have the same server our friends had. We are not high maintenance customers but expect to be checked on and our food/drink orders to be correct. Or at least an apology if there is a mistake. We will give this location another chance since the food here is excellent.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

my sister took me here while i was visiting about july 3rd. it was yummy. different from the "gaming" places we have here in puget sound, but i liked it. especially the light bright signage.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Lovevthe sangria!!! Love playing board games!!! Just a great place to hang out with friends and catch up!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

A friend at work mentioned this place a few months ago, so my wife and I decided to stop by next time we were in the area. On the first Sunday in April we were, so we did. The place was quiet in the late afternoon, which was definitely to our liking.

To us, the most interesting facet was the selection of games available to play at your table.

I was all set to just order a pair of pizzas when my wife asked what our server recommended and he said the Mac & Cheese, which had flown below my radar. So we ordered the Mac & Cheese and the pizzas too: the 'Hellfire Inferno' and the 'Old Black Magic'.

The latter pizza contains a warning on the menu: "This is seriously HOT!!" I didn't think it was hot at all, let alone seriously. My wife even thought it laughably tame. I could have given this place a five If this pizza had delivered as promised.

The Mac & Cheese was tasty and plentiful-- I could definitely order that again.

My wife really liked the blueberry cheesecake and from the little taste I had of the blueberries, I could see why. The root beer was good too.

Overall it was a fun little stop and next time we're in the area we might well give it another try.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Although the place "feels" like the other locations, this place has some major flaws.

The first major flaw is the lack of a bar. What "pub" has no bar? When you order your beer or wine, it is poured in the back. Very strange.

The second major flaw is the beer and wine only policy. Our friendly server explained this is a decision by the owner, not a law. In my mind, this is money left on the table. This causes some very strange drink selections. Sake as a mixer? Yuck.

The variety of games is nice, but most of the ones my family checked out were broken. What use is there to have incomplete or broken games out?

The service was good and the happy hour specials were a good deal, but the feel of the place is just weird. Not sure I would go back.

1  Thank TonyA987