All reviews west bank typical courtyard light rail starbucks coffee nice hotel top floor updated hotel public ramp football stadium only stayed one night large tv walking distance parking fee hotel guests great city convenient location definitely stay here again
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The room was nice and we had a quiet, good stay. I was not impressed by the cleanliness of the floors in our room as I cleaned plenty of hair off of the bathroom floor. There were not many restaurants within walking distance. The staff was not overly helpful with tips for places to eat or how to get there. We reserved a suite for 3 people but only had amenities for 2. The overall stay was not bad and the room was very good size for a city hotel, however we would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms is always a key priority. I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but mine as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with my executive housekeeper, my room inspector and housekeeper - so to ensure we consistently deliver pristine rooms for all future guests. I also want to apologize for the lack of hospitality my team exhibited when asked about places to eat or how to get there. Your feedback will serve as a reminder that without a genuine sense of serving we will loose loyalty. I am again very sorry for your overall experience. Sincerely, Phil Johnson - GM

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were here for the weekend for an event at UM, so it turned out to be super convenient to get to the campus. Even when 35W was shut down for the weekend! The hotel was nice, the room was good, comfortable bed. They have a nice outdoor patio, which was nice to sit on for the one evening (the other night it was closed for a private event).

The staff was cordial whenever we interacted with them. Our only issue was a member of housekeeping. She apparently spoke no English. We simply asked where the ice machine was and she didn't understand us and had to find someone else to help us. Staff members should be able to communicate with hotel guests. The front desk people were nice, gave some ideas for places to eat when we asked.

The area where the hotel is located is a little different. We started to go for a walk one night when there was a fight going on in a parking lot between several men. Another group of women were arguing across the street. But there are 2 restaurants located right next to the hotel, both with patios, that seemed to be busy when we did go by.

The parking garage is convenient, although I don't like that high price for it. I get it, it's considered downtown, but the $22/day for parking is a bit steep. Although the way it's run, with the license plate reader once you've checked in, is nice, you know they have a log of all the cars that are staying there at least.

The complimentary WiFi is nice to have, but it doesn't work the best. It runs really slow at times and took several attempts to connect devices.

And be prepared, the bathrooms are a tight fit! If someone is in there, you have to be really careful opening the door. There is a large entryway into the room that we felt could have been resized to give a little more room in the bathroom. You really can't have 2 people in there at the same time.

I would recommend the hotel still, as it is close to many things (including the football stadium) and the major highways, as well as UM.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Be sure to have a plan for breakfast in advance. Neighborhood has nice restaurants, but few serve breakfast. Paid $75 to feed a family of 4 breakfast at this hotel. Internet is slow, forget streaming services in the evening. Rooms were generally nice and modern, but had some dust issues (above television set, and in the air intake vent in bathroom). The air intake vent in the bathroom had probably gone a year or two without cleaning and had dust bunnies hanging out of it. Generally dismissive attitude of management when reporting issues in feedback survey.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

I sincerely apologize that we fell short of meeting your financial expectations while dining in The Bistro. The total of four adult breakfasts, one child's breakfast, two specialty Starbucks coffees and a tip, did total $75 as mentioned. While our pricing is comparable to local restaurants and other hotels in our market, some menu items like our smoked salmon breakfast board, which was experienced, brings a higher price. I am sorry that your overall experience was negatively impacted by this and for the dust bunnies on the bathroom exhaust vent/TV. Thank you for bringing the dust to my attention as I will be sure the next guest does not share the same dusty experience. Thank you - Phil Johnson - GM

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Location I am told is good, although I did not have a car. I felt it was not necessarily a safe area to be at night maybe walking alone. Hotel has a few brew pubs next door, and across the street and them some other restaurants up the block. No real retail that I could see nearby. There is a gas station I think called Mike's and Daves over the bridge and a short walk to get snacks, pop, water...The check in was quick and easy. Most staff seemed attentive. Quality of the room was good, had a double room but if you had to share not sure where the other person would put their things. I barely had enough drawer space and I was there a two evenings and day. Workout room was decent. Food was actually quite good. They have a chef at this property which is great. Breakfast was awesome. Bed was comfortable but not pillows. Towels some soft some not. Room was pretty clean but need to hit the back of the sink with some bleach and under the rim of the sink (mold). Loud HVAC. Elevators very fast. Overall a good stay, would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2018

My wife and I had a corner suite, which was very quiet and quite large. The staff of the hotel, though overworked, is always polite and eager to assist. The check-in line can be very crowded during peak hours, and they could use more stations for check-in during those times. It is worth a call to the desk to avoid their busy times for arrival or departure.
The restaurant in the lobby is deceptive. It looks like a lovely and limited bar, but the food at dinner is very well prepared and well served. The mornings find a Starbucks-like coffee shop with limited but well prepared food.
We were on a top floor and one element which always amazed us was the availability at any hour of an elevator. They seem to have them programed to always offer prompt service.
Parking is connected to the hotel, but seems to be run by a separate company. It is not cheap, but seems to run efficiently, allowing one to come and go. At peak hours, finding a close parking spot can be frustrating, but there is always room.

Room Tip: The corner suites are roomy and very nicely appointed. The furniture is comfortable and well chosen.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business