“Super Fun Place / Good Food and Drink”
Review of Bar Luchador

Bar Luchador
Ranked #242 of 1,980 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My partner and I had a late dinner at Bar Luchador on a recent trip to Minneapolis.

•It’s a small place in the middle of a college campus (it is right by the U of M outdoor soccer stadium). Beware the parking police. Because it is a crowded area, they really do monitor the parking meters. We saw lots of people get tickets.
•We arrived at about 9:00 PM on a Saturday night. When we arrived, the place was not too crowded. By say 10:00 PM, the place was packed and there was a wait to get in the door.
•We started off with a few drinks of course. My partner enjoyed Mexican beers and my drink of choice was the Spicy Margarita. The margaritas were so good, I must admit I had a few more.
•We shared a giant tray of nachos (chorizo) for an appetizer. Delicious. And then we each got three tacos for dinner. All were tasty, but our favorites were the Fried Chicken (mine) and Pastor (my partner).
•The environment here is fun. It’s a small little place that was very lively. The service here was better than I expected, given the fact is a college area and the place was packed. We really liked our waitress in fact and we never really waited for anything.
•Oh and of course, there is Wrestling everywhere. On the walls, on the TV’s, in the restroom. If you like wrestling, you should visit just for that reason. But the food and drink are both actually really good too!

Would we go back? Yup. We both really liked this place. No doubt if we are in the area again, we would return for some more spicy margaritas and giant trays of nachos.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Yes, this is a Mexican wrestling themed taqueria in Minnesota. And there's nothing wrong with that. This quirky little place is a fun spot to get a quick, inexpensive bite just off the University of Minnesota campus.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Bar Luchador may look a little bare bones, but don't let that fool you. The tacos were super delicious and the rest of their offerings very good. The happy hour is a solid value and whoever is behind the bar making the margaritas knows what they are doing.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Had a great time here- terrific tacos and drinks- everyone enjoyed their food. Fun atmosphere, terrific prices- would come here again if in Minneapolis!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I was looking for a good margarita happy hour, and stumbled upon this place. I ordered the Luchador margarita and it was so good I came back again the next night. I had already eaten the first night but seeing the tacos that came out made my mouth water. So the second night I found room and tried the tacos. YUMMY! Great taste and serving size. Looking forward to my next trip in Minneapolis so I can go back.